|1| 𝚂𝚞𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 ✔︎

Harper let out a frustrated sigh as she stumbled with a pile of dirty dishes in her one hand and near empty glasses sloshing in her other. Her hooded eyes darted across the empty restaurant, taking in the final end of day silence before she would call in for the night. The day had been the same as all the others. Her expresso hair that sat a little too tight on her head was pulled into a messy bun while the bland and cliche coloured apron clung a little too tight to her bodice.

Her decision of leaving a life of crime behind resulted in her trek from her cozy room back in the Queens mansion to a not so cozy apartment in Detroit where she adapted to a mundane lifestyle as a waitress at Dee's Diner.

Her apartment had been situated near the border end of Detroit. A living space just large enough for her to reside in and give her a sense of the normalcy that she craved. Though with an over enthusiastic neighbour named Stan and his constant yet futile attempts at trying to make her feel welcome in the city, Harper had grown fond of the crime bustling, noisy and wretched scent of Detroit. Albeit a part of her knew that a shadow of her past was also in the city and was one day going to catch up to her. She just didn't know when.

 She just didn't know when

" I'm leaving Dee, I'll see you tomorrow!" Harper yelled as she hung up her apron and grabbed her bag off the shelf. " Alright sweetie be safe!" The woman yelled back, her voice laden with age.

Delia Summers was the sweet old lady who owned the 50s styled diner. She was a stout woman with a fiery personality. Her dark hair was covered with strands of silver that was everyday neatly presented in a braid. She always wore a smile that accentuated her caramel skin and brilliant almond eyes. Delia was a warm woman, on contrast to the cold and frigid city she resided in.

When Harper came in looking for a job with roughly 100 dollars in her pocket, Delia was kind and understanding of her situation, taking Harper in with open arms. Harper owed Delia everything. She helped her with finding an apartment, paying the rent and making sure she settled into Detroit with as little trouble as possible. Delia was the only person who knew about her alter ego and her relationship with Dick.