|17| 𝙳𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚍 ✔︎

Harper was walking aimlessly around the halls. Her eyes raking over the many crucifixes that hung on the walls. She shoved her hands into her pockets, taking in the stained glass' containing images of Mary and the multitude of statues that littered the floor.

Harper was never really religious. Sure she had believed that there was a higher power but she never did anything more than that. Her family on the other hand, were the exact opposite. They went to church every Sunday, and they prayed constantly. Harper just didn't see a reason too.

Harper rooted in her tracks as Dick sped past her. She frowned before grabbing his arm quickly, causing him to come to a halt. " Where are you going?" She asked. " I think that chick just stole my car!" He growled, thinking of his car that was just taken by the newly acquainted woman with striking hair. Harper looked baffled before she burst out laughing. She wiped away fake tears seeing his distraught face. She composed herself, patting his shoulder in mock sympathy.

" Oh that's brilliant." Harper grinned before jutting her chin to the door.       " Fine go, I'll stay here."

He nodded before sprinting off to catch up with the woman.

Harper watched him disappear from her sights. The boom that echoed from the doors signalled his departure. She let out a sigh before looking for Rachel. Harper found the teen sitting in the middle of the church, her head hung low, lost in thought.

Harper quietly took a seat beside the girl, placing a hand on her shoulder.   " You okay?" Harper questioned softly. The girl nodded wordlessly,  sending the brunette a small smile.

The sound of approaching footsteps caught the attention of the older woman. " There you go" One of the sisters said offering Harper and Rachel a drink. They mumbled a quiet thank you as they sipped on the warm beverage.

Harper could hear Rachel talking to the sister but it sounded distant, like it was muffled. Her mind started feeling fuzzy, she blinked rapidly trying to get rid of the sensation. Her head was spinning as she glanced to her left, only to find Rachel passed out on the lady's chest.

" What the hell did you do?" Harper slurred, her body shutting down. With each moment she felt her body weaken. " Nothing child. Now sleep. It will all be okay."

That was the last thing Harper had heard before her eyes rolled to the back of her head as she was plunged into darkness.