|3| 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜✔︎

" So let me get this straight. This girl-" Harper stated before getting cut off by Dick.

" Rachel".

Harper rolled her eyes before continuing. " Right ,Rachel. So she vandalised a cop car and got taken down to the station right?"

" Yip" he confirmed his hand digging into the bowl of candied delights.

" Okay, she then apparently knew that ' you were the boy from the circus' and what, that was some messed up dream she had where she saw what happened that night."

" Yeah" Dick sighed. he dropped the wrapper of a chocolate bar before scrunching up his face in thought.

" She then goes and says someone killed her mom and that she needs your help." she finished.

" Yeah that's pretty much it."

" And you left her!" Harper yelled. Dick was taken a back by her reaction. He reeled back, startled by her outburst. " I- I mean n-not exactly, I'm going back." he stumbled." We just needed to check her story out first, make sure she's not doing it for shits and giggles."

Harper dragged her hand down her face, completely done with his stupidity. " Dick, why would she lie, she has no motive and plus how did she know about the circus. Other than Bruce and Alfred I'm the only one who knows. She's scared Dick and you just left her alone at the station with no one to fend for her if needs be. She came to you for a reason." Harper said, much more calmer than before.

Dick stared back at the brunette, he hated when she was right. Then again she always was. She was always the more rational one of the two, the kinder more logical one. Where as Dick was the complete opposite, he was impulsive and reckless. More of a shoot first ask questions later type of guy. They were like yin and yang. They balanced each other out.

" You're right, I'll go back now." He told her grabbing his coat. He stood up from the chair but Harper latched her hand around his wrist, ignoring the way his skin burned against hers.

" We" she corrected.

Dick looked down at the girl considering their height difference, she wasn't short he just inherited the height gene she lacked. " What?" He questioned, his eyebrows furrowing.  " We will go get her." Harper stated before turning around and making a beeline for her bedroom. Leaving the boy to comprehend what she'd just said.

She heard Dick's heavy footsteps from the other room before he joined her.   " You're coming?"

Harper was shoving her clothes into a duffel bag that layed open on her bed. Her hands moving feverishly trying to throw any article of clothing she could find into the bag, careful as to not leave out anything crucial. She didn't know when she would be back.

" Yes dumbass I'm coming. You were the one that came to me first asking for help remember?" she said zipping up her bag before turning around to face him.

He stood by the doorway, his arms folded on his chest as he rested his shoulder lazily on the door. A silly smile pulled at his lips. " So what, just like old times?" he said, hope evident in his voice. Harper let out a chuckle, a wide grin on her face " Yeah, just like old times. But first!"

Harper quickly made her way to her dresser. She bent down pulling the draw open. A slick shimmering silver case with three flashing red lights stared back at her. Dick stood behind her, the same case containing his Robin suit sat in the back of his car. Harper's hand hovered over the handle, her hesitation was obvious. After all her years without being Artemis for what, was she willing to really throw away all that time. A battle was happening inside her head and Dick could only stand and watch. He knew what she was going through, because he went through the exact same thing.

She let out a sigh. She grabbed the handle of the case pulling it out of the draw and slamming it shut, leaving no room for regret. She heaved her bag higher up on her shoulder and tightened her grip on the case. The two shared a smile before walking out of the apartment.

After all the time apart fate really did have plans for the two. No matter how hard they fought it or tried to stay away, they would always find a way back to each other. They had lied to themselves for long enough, nothing truly lasts forever and you can't outrun who you were meant to be. Harper and Dick were about to discover just how true that statement would prove to  be.