|30| 𝙰𝚜𝚢𝚕𝚞𝚖 ✔︎

Harper sighed as she sat by the dining room table, the group had gathered around to solve their next problem. Adamson had finally woken up but he refused to talk to anyone, unless it was Rachel. Dick and Harper thought this was a bad idea as they had seen first hand how the man had acted, he was manipulative and could play mind games. Harper didn't want Rachel anywhere near the man, but their options were limited and no matter how much Harper disliked the idea, they didn't have many choices.

" I need to talk to him. Alone" Rachel demanded, her hands resting on the counter.

" Don't think that's a good idea." Dick said as he paced up and down.

" Why? Cause I can't take care of myself." She argued.

" That's not the point." Harper told her.

" I need to find out who he is." Rachel said, looking at the woman." Why he's chasing me."

" I don't trust him."

" What's not to trust? The man's tied up. One word from Rachel, and I'll walk in and put my foot through his face. I'm sure Harper would assist." Kory said trying to persuade Dick.

" Dick, please." Rachel pleaded. She looked at the brunette, almost begging the girl to let her talk to the man. She knew Harper was more lenient and that Dick always listened to her, so Harper was Rachel's best shot. " Please, Harper . Five minutes."

Harper sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. " Fine, five minutes."

Rachel sighed in relief sending a smile to the girl. " Thank you."

" If he does anything, I'll kill him"

Harper sat at the table while Dick sat next to her, she had a glass of water in her hand as they waited for any sign that Rachel may need help.

" You okay?" Dick asked the girl softly. He gently grabbed her hand, lacing his fingers with hers. She sighed, twirling the glass in her hand while the other rested in his.