|14| 𝙷𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚍 ✔︎

Harper slouched in her seat as she raked a hand down her face. Dinah's words had seeped into her bones as her mind fogged up with endless questions and possibilities revolving her brother. Harper couldn't stomach the revelation. Regret caused her stomach to twist. Had they not looked hard enough for him when he was out there? What had happened to him? She had so many unanswered questions and it would only take time before they would be answered.

Harper surpressed a wince as a hand landed on her shoulder. She shifted in her seat as her gaze fell on Hank whose hand was resting gently on her shoulder, his deep brown eyes brimming with concern at her distressed state.

" We're heading out now" Hank told the brunette before he paused. " Are you okay?". Harper sent him a brief smile as she patted his hand, she glanced at the door where Dawn and Dick were talking to Rachel before meeting the eyes of her friend once more. " I'm okay" She reassured him. Harper stood up as she crossed her arms, the sudden feeling of unease boiled in her chest as she looked at her friend.

" You really doing this?" She inquired, her hands feeling clammy as worry burned in her earthy gaze.

" We have to Harp. This is our last chance to do good before we call it quits. You know that better than anyone." Hank sighed.

" Yeah I understand. Just, just promise me you'll be careful alright. Don't do anything stupid." She said leaning forward. A laugh escaped him before he pulled the shorter girl into a comforting embrace.  

" How can I be stupid. All the stupid is staying right here." He said patting her back before they heard Dawn's approaching footsteps as she joined the pair, giving one last hug to Harper before the two left.

Harper took a seat as she laced her fingers together, balancing her chin on them as she waited for Dick to emerge from the room. She knew him too well to know he wasn't just going to sit back while their friends went on their mission.  So as his tense yet determined figure appeared they shared a mutual look.

" You're going after them aren't you?" Harper stated. " Yeah" he trailed off grabbing his suit. She just shook her head in response, already knowing his answer. She wasn't going to stop him, there was nothing that could. He had a bloodlust that didn't sit well with her but she blamed that on Bruce. Bruce had turned him into a killer and Harper could only do so much to make sure he didn't completely succumb to the darkness.

" I'll stay with Rachel, be careful alright " she warned before shooting him a smile.  " Always" he winked before he was gone just like the other two.

  " Always" he winked before he was gone just like the other two