|9| 𝙷𝚊𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 ✔︎

The car came to halt as the flickering neon lights of the battered sign flashing 'Interstate 80 MOTEL' illuminated their faces.

" You have got to be kidding me." Harper groaned looking at the motel in disgust. " It's just for now. So get out, go book a room. I'll be out in a second" he said gesturing towards the entrance.

"You're bossy, you know that." Harper scowled before throwing a glance at the teen. "  C'mon Rachel, let's go before he drags us out." she said before getting out of the car, Rachel following not far behind.

" she said before getting out of the car, Rachel following not far behind

Rachel sat crossed legged in front of the old box TV that depicted an episode of Game of Thrones. Harper laid down on the bed as she sprawled her body over the mattress, her eyes once in a while hovered over the tv before squinting with distaste at the old mattered decor of the room. Harper shut her eyes, trying to get a long awaited rest that she had lacked since Dick had uprooted her from her apartment back in Detroit. She opened her eye hearing the door creak open as Dick strolled inside, shrugging on his jacket.

" Hey, you guys want pizza?" He questioned glancing down at Harper who had her eyes closed. He shook the feeling building up in his chest, instead opting to look at the teenager who was engrossed in the fantasy realm.

" Oh yes please, pepperoni! " Harper moaned thinking of food.

" I know Harper, you order the same thing every time." he laughed.  The girl just nodded absentmindly .             " Rachel?" He asked. " Okay" she said, her eyes never leaving the screen.        " Anything on it?"

" Dick go get the bloody pizzas and leave us be. " She whined " Go be useful and bring me my food." Harper dismissed him with a carefree wave of her hand. " Is she even allowed to watch that?" He pulled a face glancing at the TV.

" Well I say she can, now go" She frowned, shooing the boy away.
" Don't get pineapple on it!" Rachel  yelled after him.

" Obviously" the two scoffed.