Volume 1 Part 6: Forever Fall and Assassination of Lia de Russo

After learning about his mother's family member from Achilles, Altair and the others were joining with Team JNPR, RWBY, and CRDL alongside Professor Glynda Goodwitch. As Altair keeps an eye on Cardin and his Team that they planning something to do with Jaune as they have been stopped by Glynda and she starting explained to them.

Glynda: (to the group) "Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so."

The group stops, and Jaune, grunting and carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tries to catch up with them and ends up bumping into Cardin. The bully scowls at Jaune, who attempts to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly.

Glynda: (still instructing her group, holding up a full jar of their objective) "Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun! And Mister Altair, may I have discussed with you for a moment."

Altair nods as he signals Team RWBY and JNPR to go on as he starts following Miss Glynda into a private area as they having a conversation with him.

Glynda: "Last Night I see you walk out to Vale, What were you doing?"

Altair: "I need information about my mother's family member that they were my enemy and the enemy of Assassin Order."

Glynda: "Hmm...I see, well I hope you will succeed in your mission. Maybe I can need your help if I had a problem."

Altair: "Not too worry Miss Goodwitch, I can handle many things."

Altair nods to Glynda and he returns to Team RWBY and JNPR as he starting helping them, But Jaune is sneak away from them as he carried all the jar of red sap to the Team CRDL who is blackmailing him. He arrived at them as Cardin is relaxing while waiting with his team.

Cardin: "Hey, great work, Jauney boy! Now that wasn't too hard, was it?"

Jaune: (still on the ground, cross-eyed and sounding dizzy) "I think I'm allergic to this stuff..."

Cardin: "Great, great, great. So, Jaune, I bet you're asking yourself, 'Why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect six jars of tree sap when there's only five of us?'"

Jaune: (nodding, still exhausted) "That is one of the many questions I have asked myself today, yes."

Cardin: (as Jaune sits up) "Well, come with me, and you'll find out."

Jaune moans and gulps in worry.

Now perched on a hilltop overlooking the other students, team CRDL - plus Jaune, squeezed between Cardin and Russel Thrust - peek their heads over the crest and watch as everyone is retrieving their samples of sap. Ren, kneeling to collect it from a tree, passes a full jar to Nora, who "Mmmm!"s at the gift as Ren trades it for the other jar in her care. He turns back to the tree and starts filling it up while several licking sounds are heard off-screen until the camera pans back to Nora, now with an embarrassed smile covered in red and an empty jar in her hands.

Jaune: (turning to his left) "Cardin, wh-what's going on?"

Cardin: (still staring at the unsuspecting group sharply) "Payback."

Jaune: (widens his eyes in understanding) "Altair..?" (watches him gather more sap from a tree alongside Pyrrha and Team RWBY) "Wh-what are you-?"

Cardin: (pounds his fist on the ground) "That's the guy. The Hooded Guy know-it-all, thinks he's so smart. Alright, boys..." (pulls out a buzzing cardboard box with a large "W" written on its sides) "Last night, old Jaune here managed to round up an entire box of Rapier Wasps, and now, we're gonna put him to work."