Thirty One

Seth was the first to catch Feranmi before she fell. He brought his hand to her neck and frowned slightly.

"Let's go" Seth said as they walked out of the ring.

Seth placed Feranmi's head on his shoulder while Dotun drove speedily towards the base.

They instantly took Feranmi to the hospital while Seth went to look for Eyes. Eyes just opened the screen for Seth already knowing what he wanted.

Seth looked at the flashing screen without a change in expression. So this was what she had been doing all week.

Seth walked back to the hospital without a word. He leaned on the door and stared at the girl on the bed.

"Seems like she's trained so hard for the upcoming assessment" Lee said as the doctor turned to Seth.

"She passed out due to dehydration. She trains a lot, has less than 4 hours of sleep and barely eats. She had probably been taking snacks for the whole week" the doctor said.

"She should wake up in three or four. Get food ready for her before then" the doctor said and walked out of the ward.

Seth raised an eyebrow as he turned to Neon "Send this announcements to all departments. First to the dining hall, everyday from now on, if 14 misses her meal, they are dead. I don't know how they are gonna do it, I don't care" Seth started his voice emotionless.

"Two, from now on, 14 is only allowed to spend a max of six hours training. Any department who allows to over the six hours will be damned. When I say damned, they will be damned" Seth continued his eyes not leaving the sleeping figure on the bed.

"The cafeteria as well, she's only allowed to buy snacks of five hundred naira a day, anything above that should be rejected" Seth said and others looked at him in shock.

Only Neon and Dotun did not changed expression. Maria glanced at Feranmi and sighed. Finally.

Neon walked out of the room immediately while Seth walked into the room.

"You guys can go back" Seth said slowly as they saluted and walked out.

Seth checked the gun wristwatch on his wrist and discovered that it was a little pass midnight. Someone knocked on the door  before the door creaked open and a girl walked inside in large strides.

She dropped a warmer on the table and saluted Seth before walking out immediately. Seth stood up and leaned on the wall as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Damn you" he whispered into the night.

Feranmi slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes met white absetos and the slight smell of disinfectant hit her immediately.

Her eyes scanned the room before it landed on a figure sleeping beside her. Feranmi's eyes widened in shock as she saw Seth sleeping beside her.

He was seating on a chair with his head on the bed. He looked peaceful and quiet. His cold expression was gone and he did look harmless.

Feranmi stretched her hand to his eyebrows and traced her hand over them not noticing that one of his eyelids had twitched.

She sighed as she retracted her hand. She had heard that Seth was highly sensitive and would wake up at the slightest sound or movement.

She stared at him and after a few minutes, his eyelashes fluttered open. Seth sat back in his chair as he met Feranmi's gaze.

They both stared at each other without a word. No one knew how long they stared at each other.

"Is the assessment so important to you that you bet your life on it?" Seth asked slowly.

"I'm sorry" Feranmi said quietly.

"Huh?" Seth asked.

"I'm sorry about the way I treated you the last time you took me to the L&D ring. I was rude and I said a lot of mean words" Feranmi replied carefully looking at Seth's expression.

Seth didn't reply and his expression didn't change. Feranmi's mood dropped due this. She obviously knew Seth rarely wore expressions but she wished he would just.......

"I wasn't training for the Departmental Assessment" Feranmi said as Seth raised an eyebrow.

"What for then? I don't see anyone reason" Seth replied as Feranmi pursed her lips.

There was no way she was telling him she was training hard to protect him. Protect him? Suddenly Feranmi wanted to laugh, she wanted to protect someone who was better than the some elite teams combined together?

Feranmi chuckled dryly as she set her lips in a firm line. She didn't know how hard she had to train to become has strong as him but she would definitely become someone who could protect him. She internally noted to increase her training time.

Seth stretched the warmer towards her "You barely ate anything yesterday yet you asked me to take you to a Life and Death ring" Seth said as he passed a spoon towards her.

"At least you got me money" Seth said as he stood up.

"Where are you going?" Feranmi asked.

"My cabin" Seth replied.

"You have a cabin? A private room?" Feranmi asked in surprise.

"All captains have their cabins" Seth replied as Feranmi's eyes widened.

"Wow" Feranmi muttered.

"I'm going to get some sleep, its almost morning" Seth said and Feranmi pursed her lips.

"No training tomorrow. Get some rest" Seth said as Feranmi nodded.

"I mean it" Seth added and Feranmi nodded.

"Why don't you just stay?" Feranmi asked carefully as Seth furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why?" Seth asked as Feranmi pursed her lips.

"Well..... Its almost morning, you wake up early as well. It's no big deal to just stay awake" Feranmi said as Seth raised an eyebrow at her and Feranmi felt stupid instantly.

"If you go, I'll get bores. Really bored. I would have gone to train but you just banned me from training" Feranmi said trying to make him stay.

"So if I don't go you won't get bored?" Seth asked as Feranmi nodded with a huge smile.

"Exactly!" Feranmi replied.

Seth slid his hands into his pockets "Do I look like Mr Bean?"

Please tell me I'm not the only one laughing. Serh is a meanie!