Forty Five

Ini played with her fingers as Feranmi folded her arms in front of her. Ini turned to Feranmi as she pursed her lips.

"Do you think Snr James was serious about the friendship thing?" Ini asked and Feranmi hissed.

"Who is James Ajewole?" Feranmi asked and Ini twitched her lips.

James Ajewole was the current Social Prefect of Boston International College. He was tall, dark and handsome, the exact subject of any female fantasy but James was almost like an alienated fellow.

He rarely spoke to people and topped every exam surpassing both the Senior Prefect Girl and Boy. What was more, he was the son of a Commissioner. But those weren't what made him popular.

He wasa model and was the first Nigerian to ever get signed by Broadway. Broadway was an international clothing apparel company. James had rose to stardom because of that.

And after that became more alienated from people and one people once carried rumours that he had human allergy. He was insanely popular.

"I think he means it" Ini said and Feranmi chuckled as she shook her head.

"You are just finding it hard to believe" Feranmi said and Ini pursed her lips.

"I know right. I don't think we will get along even if he offered me a friendship offer" Ini said and Feranmi laughed.

"Nope. I think you both will get along just fine" Feranmi said and Ini nodded.

"You think so?" Ini asked and Feranmi grabbed Ini's hands and rubbed it.

"Calm down Inioluwa. He's not going to use you. Take a breath and get along with him okay. Its okay to try once more" Feranmi said with a smile and Ini nodded before Feranmi pulled her in for a hug.

"I know how life has been to you Ini but you've never gave up. Not even once, you can always try again and even if you get hurt again; it won't hurt that bad" Feranmi said and Ini hugged her back without saying anything.

"You think I'm not gonna disgust him because I am a slut?" Ini asked and Feranmi chuckled.

"Being a slut is just one of your many characters and behaviors. Its not who you are. I'm sure he'll discover that as well" Feranmi replied and Ini laughed.

"Thank you Feranmi" Ini said as she hugged her tighter.

"Thank you so much for always urging me on. Thank you so much, thank you babe" Ini murmured and Feranmi chuckled.

"I'm your best friend dummy. What else am I supposed to do?" Feranmi asked as she rubbed the back of Ini's head.

"You'll be fine" Feranmi added.

Ini yawned as she stumbled and staggered before falling down.

"Ouch!" Ini exclaimed as she sucked in a breath as she looked at the small cut a stone had made on her knee. She looked around for something to stop the bleeding and suddenly realised there was a black wallet some meters away from her.

She quickly reached out and picked it up before she opened it. James student ID card was in it and Ini pursed her lips and chuckled as she tried to stand up.

"Hey, are you alright?"

Ini looked up and was surprised to see Daniel and James. Both had worried faces and Ini watched as James bent down to examine her knee.

"You are bleeding" James said and Ini watched as he dug into his pockets and brought out an handkerchief and tied it around her knee.

"Let's go to the clinic and have your knee cleaned" James said as he stretched back to his full length. Ini raised up the black wallet in her hand.

"Is this yours?" Ini asked and James looked at her  shocked and collected it from her before examining the contents.

"Where did you see it?" Daniel asked and Ini pointed to the flower bed.

"Underneath it. I fell and saw it" Ini replied and she watched as James turned and glared at Daniel.

"It probably fell when you were trying to tickle me" James said and Daniel laughed as he nudged him.

"You've seen it now. Stop glaring at me" Daniel said and James chuckled.

"Get lost. I have to take her to the clinic" James said and Ini turned to James in shock when he grabbed her hands and started leading her towards the clinic.

"Thank you" Ini said and James laughed.

"You fell and came across my wallet. I don't know why I feel its my fault" James said and Ini chuckled.

"I agree" Ini said and James turned to her as he slipped his other hand in his pocket.

"You agree?" James asked and Ini tried to stifle her laughter seeing James expression.

"No. Slightly. I'm on the fence" Ini replied and James snickered at her.

"There's no fence. Its either you are in or not" James said and Ini shook he head.

"That's not it. There's always a fence" Ini said and James chuckled.

Ini folded her lips as James wiped her wound with methelaythed spirit. She tried not to let out a sound even though it was stinging.

"Tell me if its hurts okay?" James said and Ini pouted.

"It hurts. Alot" Ini said in a childish voice and James laughed.

"I'll be gentle and quick. Its just a small cut, stop making a fuss" James said as he chuckled. Ini watched as James blew air on her knees and she felt all fuzzy on the inside. James put plaster on her wound before standing up.

"All done" James said as he removed the gloves he sas wearing and walked into the bathroom to wash his hands.

Ini sat on the bed watching James's back. It had only been a few minutes she had spent with him but why did she feel so attached already? Was it because she believed and trusted Feranmi's words?

Ini stood up as James walked out of the bathroom wiping his hands. He had an exquisite handsome and attractive face that Ini found it hard to pull her eyes from his face.

His uniform seemed perfectly tailored for him as it hugged his body perfectly. His uniform was well ironed and he looked like your typically model student.

Despite his handsome face and great body, Ini discovered that she didn't want to jump his bones like every other one she had come across.