Chapter 5

"Cause baby you look happier, you do. My friends told me one day I'll feel it too. I could try to smile and hide the truth, but I know I was happier with you"

° ° °

That night I can't sleep. I keep thinking about the way Nicole mentioned Vincenzo as her boyfriend, and how he had announced home.

The motherfucker.

My mind keeps drifting off to the thought of what they're doing, in his bed where I have laid and where we have fucked. My core heats up at the thought of him invading me. He was so big though...

I snap out of my thoughts and scold myself. It's not like I need him anymore. He means nothing to me and all I want to do with him is destroy him, and have him on his knees.

Afterward, when we were heading home, I remember Chris saying; "I can't really blame you for falling for him. He's so fine though!"

I chuckle at the thought.

Before I know it, the sun comes up and I get out of bed, putting on some clothes and heading downstairs.

"Good morning!" mom sings when I arrive downstairs. I laugh and greet her back. "Where's dad?" I ask her and take a seat on my usual spot at the table.

"Work," she replies and hands over the milk. "This early?" I ask with a frown and wait patiently for her to give me the pancakes. "It was an emergency," she mutters and places the plate stacked with pancakes on the table. "He did ask if you wanted to have lunch with him, only if you want to."

Do I want to go over to Vincenzo's office and possibly run into him?

I take a sip of my milk and mutter, "Sure."

° ° °

With a bag of lunch in my hand, I walk over to the receptionist and clear my throat. The brunette looks up with an uninterested look in her eyes once she sees me.

"Yes?" she asks and raises one eyebrow. Her brown eyes scan up and down my body, distaste clear in them. Those typical, cliché receptionists that never like you are really tiring me out. Why are they always so bitchy?

"I'm here to have lunch with my dad, John Robertson," I say and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Do you have an appointment?" she asks and shoves her glasses a little further up her nose. "No..." I trail off, "but I'm his–"

"I'm afraid I can't help you then, sorry," she rudely cuts me off. I clench my jaw and open my mouth, ready to snap at her.

"You better help her if you don't want to get fired," a deep voice says from behind me. The woman's head and mine both snap to the godly voice from beside us, and my eyes meet Vincenzo's dark ones.

The woman straightens up, and I'm annoyed that it only takes a couple of looks and words for Vincenzo to get something done or get what he wants.

Like he did with me...

"Alright, I can send you right up, ma'am," the woman says and dares to smile at me.

Cunt.

"You can take the elevator up," she says and motions to it. "Thank you," I mutter and head to the elevator, brutally pressing on the button so it'll arrive soon.

I feel his presence before I see him. We stand awkwardly beside each other and wait for the fucking elevator to arrive that takes so long.

I thank God when the elevator arrives and we both enter. I go over to press the button of my dad's floor, but Vincenzo beats me to it and does it. His thumb presses on the button, and he walks back over to where he was standing. It's silent between us for a few seconds.