Chapter 21

A T H E N A

"I thought you into my life, look at my mind. No better place or a time, how they align. Universe must have my back, fell from the sky into my lap"

° ° °

"Athena! Chill the fuck out," Lucy groans. I rake a hand through my hair, looking around my room. "But..." I trail off. She shuts me up by lifting her hand. 

"No! Tomorrow you'll be leaving with Mr. Italy to I don't know where, so in order for me not to freak out because you're leaving I need you to stay calm!"

I take a deep breath, and nod. "Alright," I mutter, and take a seat on my bed. I look at my suitcase, where not even half of my clothes are lying in.

Vincenzo told me to pack sunny clothing, so I did just that. All my crop tops are stuffed in the little space I call my suitcase, along with sandals, shorts, sunglasses and all the shit you need.

"You have everything you need, so don't worry about that," she says, and takes a seat beside me on the bed. "Are you excited?" she asks. I nod.

"Very," I answer, "even though I have no clue as to where we're going."

Lucy chuckles beside me and slightly shakes her head. "I remember when you two just met each other," she says. I lean against the wall and scoff at the memory. "I was such a baby," I laugh. She turns her head to me.

"You've just changed," she shrugged, "we all do, don't we?"

I don't know if I like my change.

"I should get some sleep," I yawn, and put my hair in a bun. "Have you got an outfit to travel with yet?"

"Of course I have," I murmur, and lay down on my bed. "Alright, I'll go through your stuff a one last time and then I'll be out," she says and presses a kiss against my forehead.

"Goodnight," is the last thing I say before I doze off into a deep sleep.

° ° °

The next day I wake up with butterflies in my stomach, and it's not hard for me to get up with a smile and put my clothes on for the day. 

Out of my nightstand, I get out some salted crackers I stuffed there for no reason actually, and eat one to not leave in an empty stomach.

After checking everything in my suitcase, I zip it closed and walk to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and combing my hair. 

For a second, I debate if I should put some make-up one, but I don't think it would be a good idea for I don't know how long I will be on the plane, and decide I'm ready to leave.

I take in a deep breath when I look around my dorm for a last time, and close the door behind me.

With my suitcase trailing after me, I walk up the campus and see a familiar hot as hell man standing a couple of feet further away from me, leaning against his car. He looks gorgeous as always, with a pair of black pants and a white shirt tucked into it.

His hair is a little ruffled up and once he sees me he sends me a dazzling smile and walks up to me.

"Hello beautiful," Vincenzo smirks once he arrives where I am, and leans down to peck my lips. I smile against his lips, and am genuinely happy to see him.

The engine of his car is still going behind him. "Are you excited?" he asks, and takes my suitcase from me. 

"I would be if I knew where we are going," I say sarcastically and watch him place my suitcase in the trunk. He sends me a sideways smile, and motions for me to take a seat in the back of the car.