V

V I N C E N Z O

. .

My baby girl has just got her wisdom teeth removed, and she's complaining about all the pain while mumbling stuff that doesn't make sense.

"The sun is too bright," she whines as we walk over her campus, on our way to the dorm. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her closer to me. "The sun is always bright," I laugh and press a kiss on her forehead.

She starts singing a song as we enter the building of her dorm, and once we've arrived at her room I see a familiar blonde guy sitting in front of her door.

Chris.

I'll admit that I keep forgetting he's gay, so every time I see him my blood starts to boil. But then I remember he'd be more interested in what I have to offer than Athena.

"Athena! There you are," Chris says and I see the relief forming on his face.

To be honest, I was quite surprised to find out he remained friends with Athena. I'm responsible for her actions back then and the reason why she cheated, and yet he forgave her. 

But I have a feeling that he's a real support for her. I mean, who can actually abandon Athena in their lives?

"I was at the dentist," Athena slurs, and his eyes widen in realization. "Shit! That's right, I forgot to accompany you," he says, and I see the guilt in his blue eyes. He apologizes to her, but she waves it away and said it didn't matter – she had me.

She'll always have me.

"My jaw hurts so much, and I can't feel a thing. All I wanna do is sleep," Athena whines as we help her into the dorm.

"Everything's so dizzy," she mumbles, and leans all her weight on Chris who helps her into bed, and tucks her in.

"Then that's what you'll do," I say at the mention of her wanting to sleep. She glances at me and sends me a little smile, which I return.

"I'll be going, I just wanted to check up on you," Chris announces. I nearly roll my eyes. Nearly.

Always wanting to be the good boy.

Athena giggles, which makes my insides turn to liquid. "Thank you," she mutters to Chris, and I can hear her voice break a little.

"Why?" Chris asks. "For being there for me," she says and even from here I can see her eyes turn glossy.

"Don't you dare cry, that'll make me cry too," Chris jokes.

"Really Chris, you deserve the whole fucking world," Athena says, and I can hear the honesty in her eyes. "The drugs they gave you are making you too emotional. I'm going," Chris states.

He whispers something else to her before he says goodbye, and then he gives me a polite nod before exiting the room and leaving us both alone.

"He's matured," I say. She nods. "Yeah," she says with a little yawn, "I love him."

How I wish you could love me, too.

She shifts in her bed a little. "Come lay with me."

Her voice is so alluring, and her beautiful green eyes are peering up at me, making it impossible for me to say no to her.

Which is something I'd never be able to do. I immediately do as she says, and get in bed with her. I pull her body flush against mine, and enjoy her scent invading my nose.

"I should have a boyfriend by now," she suddenly declares. I frown. "Why would you say that?"

"I'm nineteen, and single. Nobody seems to like me," she says, and I can tell it's really bothering her. I frown. "But you have me," I say honestly. I will never let her go from now on.