Chapter 15

A T H E N A

"Why, oh why does God keep bringing me back to you? I get drunk, pretend that I'm over it. Self-destruct, show up like an idiot"

° ° °

My head is pounding, my mouth is dry and my body is sweaty.

A soft like silk material surrounds me, and the sunlight is pouring through the window, warming my body even more. A familiar scent is lingering on the sheets, and I wonder where I am.

I pry my eyes open and scan my surroundings. The first thing I see is the bed I'm lying in. The white sheets are scattered over me, and a robe is wrapped tightly around my body.

I lean on my elbows to get a better look of the room and see I'm in a hotel room. A hotel room I immediately recognize.

I'm in the Four Seasons.

I glance around the room, and jump up when I see Vincenzo sitting on one of the chairs next to the bed, a glass of some caramel-colored liquid in his hands.

I frown, and confusion takes over me. "...what?" I ask.

Shit, my mind is so slow.

"No, I get to ask the questions here," he says darkly, and takes another sip of his drink. He's dressed in one of his suits, except that his tie is missing. I take in a sharp intake of breath, and rub in my eyes.

Flashes of last night enter my mind, and I lick my dry lips.

I focus my eyes back on Vincenzo, and anxiously bite my lip.

"What the fuck were you thinking, last night?" is his first question. I frown.

"About what?" I ask, genuinely confused. He chuckles dryly.

"About what, huh? About everything! What were you doing at the club in the first place? Why were you so fucking drunk? Why did you have the signs of being drugged, huh?" he fires at me.

...drugged.

"Drugged?" I ask. He curses under his breath. "Yes, Athena, drugged. Be careful next time," he says angrily and stands up.

"Do you know how fucking worried I was? Do you know how pissed off and concerned I was when I found you in a fucking club, dancing with some boy? When I found out you were drugged?"

He sighs and rakes a hand through his hair.

He was... worried?

"I don't... understand," I say. "How did you find me?" I ask him. He takes his seat back and sips from his glass.

"After I called you for a couple of thousand times, I tracked your phone down once I couldn't find you on campus," he explains.

"You tracked my phone?" I exclaim. "Yes," he sighs, "I was worried sick about you and I don't care if it seems like I'm a stalker, because you could've been in danger," he says, slightly raising his voice.

I feel like a kid being scolded.

"What are you doing here?" I ask confused. He glances at me. "I'm here for some... business. And I thought I could pay you a visit on campus to surprise you, but seems like you were partying," he says.

"Now I want to know who the unlucky motherfucker is that spiked your drink," he says. I shrug. "I don't know who it could've..."

My mind goes back to yesterday night, and I remember a brunette coming up to me and offering me a drink.