Chapter 6

A T H E N A

"Baby I'm preying on you tonight, hunt you down, eat you alive. Just like animals"

° ° °

After everything that happened, I told Chris and Lucy about it.

Chris freaked out and told me I was a real queen for leaving him with blue balls, while Lucy was kind of skeptical if it was a good idea for me to seduce him.

Apart of me knows she's right by not continuing this, but the irresponsible part of me wins.

It's now a few days later, and I haven't seen Vincenzo since. I admit I felt disgusted with myself for groping Vincenzo like that while he has a girlfriend, but then I remembered the things he did to me. 

But I was also disgusted with him for letting me do those things.

Maybe he wasn't in the right place of mind.

The door downstairs closes, a sign that my dad has arrived from work. It really sucks that he has to work in the holidays, but I'm happy that around Christmas and New Year Eve he'll be home.

"How was work?" mom asks and I hear lips smack. I instantly cringe. Ew.

"Good, Vincenzo told me to leave a little earlier. I feel bad for him, the last couple of days he's been only working and not doing anything else," dad sighs. "He's probably doing it because he doesn't want the pressure of work on his shoulders when Christmas begins," mom says.

I smile.

Maybe I should go over to relieve that pressure.

A mischievous smile comes up my face and I go downstairs to greet my dad. My mom heats the dinner she made for dad and I go back upstairs. 

I grab a trench-coat on the way to my room and some heels. I take a seat in front of my mirror and hesitate for a split second if I should do this. I'm not that naïve innocent teenager anymore, I can and I will do this.

I put on some light make-up and coat my lips in a blood-red lipstick. I brush my hair and let it fall over my shoulders, adjusting it a little.

I strip bare from all my clothes so I'm naked and for a moment I ponder if I should wear some lingerie but don't.

Fuck it.

I put on the red trench-coat and then the heels. The fabric of the coat feels weird against my naked skin and I feel so exposed walking around like this even though I'm just in my room.

I exit my room and go downstairs. "Mom, dad, I'll be heading out," I yell. I hear footsteps come into the hallway and they both appear in the doorway.

"Where are you heading off to this late, young lady?" mom asks and crosses her arms. "Mom, I'm nineteen. Practically an adult and for the record, I'll be grabbing a drink with Lucy and Chris in some café," I tell them.

Dad sighs. "Athena, you're indeed nineteen, so that means you can do whatever you want. But please don't do stupid things, alright?" he asks.

It's a little too late for that.

I smile at him. "Yes dad, thank you," I say and blow them both a kiss before getting out of my house. The moment I get in my car, I start doubting is this is a good idea.

I start the car and begin driving towards the city. I need to feel confident when I enter the office, and not falter once.

Faster than I want, I arrive at his office and get out of my car. My heels click against the ground when I go over to the doors and I enter.