Chapter 10

A T H E N A

"I'm in love with the shape of you, we push and pull like a magnet do. Although my heart is falling too, I'm in love with your body"

° ° °

Vincenzo's tongue slides into my mouth, rubbing against mine slowly. His hands grip my waist, pulling him closer to me. 

"Vincenzo," I breathe against his mouth. His large hands slide down to my legs, and caress the skin of my thighs.

"Hmm?" he asks and trails kisses down my neck. "My parents," I say, and gasp when I feel his tongue swiping against my skin.

"You're right," he breathes, and takes a step back. He brushes a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"You should go back," he whispers, and places one last, lingering kiss on my lips. I nod, and take slow steps away from him, my eyes focused on his. He turns around, and enters the bathroom, leaving me with my thoughts.

Excitement rushes through me, a kick of adrenaline is felt. The feeling of when I was eighteen returns, and I feel like floating, knowing I'm doing something that's forbidden.

At least you're legal.

I get back in the kitchen and take back my seat. "I'm still sad that you don't get to spend New Year's Eve with us," dad says and takes another sip of his wine. I sigh.

"Dad, we've talked about this plenty of times. I'll spend Christmas with you guys, that's good enough, isn't it?" I ask.

"Christmas?" a deep voice asks from the doorway. Our heads turn to the source, and we see Vincenzo returning to his seat. 

"Yeah, tomorrow it's Christmas," mom answers. "Oh, that's right. I forgot I told all my workers to take the day off," he chuckles, and rakes a hand through his hair.

"That means you won't be working then," mom concludes. He nods.

"Indeed, my family in Italy is going to spend Christmas without me," he says, and drinks from his water. Mom frowns. 

"Isn't it hard to be away from them?" she asks, and rests her hand on her chin. Curiosity rises within me, and I perk my ears. The only thing he does is shrug.

"I'm used to it."

A silence falls upon us, and the only thing heard is the raindrops ticking against the window. Mom and dad look at each other from the corner of their eye, speaking without words.

And then dad turns to Vincenzo.

"Well, we don't want you to spend Christmas alone!" dad says. "Nope, you will be attending us," mom smiles. My hands clench in my lap, and Vincenzo coughs a couple of times.

"What?" he asks. I can't believe them.

"Mom..." I start. Her look shuts me up.

"I won't take a no for an answer," mom says, and takes a sip from her wine. Vincenzo sighs, and we all know that the decision is final. 

"We expect you here tomorrow at midday," dad says and clasps his hands in front of him.

Christmas will be interesting.

° ° °

After dinner, my parents and Vincenzo took place in the living room, while I went upstairs because the topic was too boring. I've fallen back into my old habits, sitting at my window and reading a good book, while unconsciously playing with my necklace.

The necklace Vincenzo gave me...

My thoughts drift back to the time when we were in New York. I remember how happy I was.