V

. This is also from before, don't lose your shit . 

V I N C E N Z O

. .

Being in Vancouver has always been painful. It keeps reminding me of Athena, the pain was too much to handle.

That's the reason I keep traveling for work, but Nicole somehow convinced me to come home during the holidays.

I roll my eyes at the mention of her. For the past year and a half, she's been annoying the fuck out of me.

I don't know why I don't dump her already, but she kind of stuck around. I enter my mansion, and get a sick feeling in my stomach as I smell her scent. It was Athena's scent that I've always dreamed of having around me.

"Babe!" Nicole's voice says. I look up, and see her already heading my way. "I'm so glad you're back," she smiles, and wraps her arms around my neck. She leans in to kiss my lips, but all I do is turn my head so her lips kiss my cheek. 

"Yeah," I mutter, and push myself away from her. A hurt expression takes over her face, but she quickly covers it up. "Remember that there's a gala this night," she says, and puts her usual façade on. 

"So that means we have to match in clothes. I already prepared a white suit for you. We're leaving at eight," she smiles.

I hate that she acts as if she's important in the business world. The only reason the people know her is because of me. "Got it," I fake smile, and grab my suitcase, dragging it with me upstairs.

My life with Nicole has been... numb. I couldn't feel or think the whole fucking time. Life didn't matter to me anymore.

Once I set my eyes on the bed where Nicole and I sleep in, I cringe. All I want to do is go to my own bedroom, and drown in alcohol.

Since the beginning of our 'relationship', Nicole wanted us to live together. I don't know why I said yes, but I sure as hell knew I wasn't going to let her sleep in the same room where my precious Athena has been.

When no one is looking, I slip in my bedroom, and my black sheets greet me. I put my clothes back in place, and take the one thing that has kept me sane for the last year and a half.

I grab the shirt, and sniff on it. Her smell is long gone, but I keep telling myself it's still there. I put on some comfortable clothes, lay on my bed and clutch the shirt tightly to my chest.

With the imagination of having Athena in my arms, I fall asleep.

° ° °

"Vincenzo? It's time."

I force my eyes open, and see Miranda staring down at me. Her eyes are soft, compassion displayed in them.

"What?" I ask confused, and get up. The shirt falls next to me on the bed. A stab goes through me.

"Nicole is preparing herself for the gala, I suggest you do the same before she goes crazy," she chuckles. I smile weakly at her, and get up. "You're right," I rasp out, and rub my eyes.

"God, I was so tired after that flight, and now I have to attend some stupid gala," I mutter, and walk to the other room. My suit is laying on the bed, mocking me. I rake a hand through my hair, and take it out of its cover. 

A white suit greets me, and I've come to hate the gala. I sigh, and notice the shower running. Nicole is showering.

In the beginning of our relationship, we had sex a couple of times. I didn't even care about anything, and felt nothing.