Chapter 7

A T H E N A

"I know that dress is karma, perfume regret. You got me thinking bout when you were mine"

° ° °

I wake up the next morning with a satisfied feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I feel wicked about smiling and feeling good about what has happened yesterday.

I enjoyed it.

I roll over in my bed and stretch my body, letting out a yawn before getting up from my bed and putting my silk robe on.

Downstairs mom is on the phone with her sister, gossiping about the silliest things.

Dad is as usual reading the paper. I roll my eyes, but can't help but smile.

"– she wasn't as friendly, maybe things aren't going well between them. But still, that doesn't give her the right to treat me like that. Even John noticed her snarky comment to everyone! John!" she says into the phone. 

I chuckle and take a seat at the table. I greet my dad and give mom a brief kiss before starting on my breakfast.

"Oh, honey. Nicole invited us for lunch today, so dress up," mom says to me and goes back to the conversation.

It kind of annoys me that mom is friends with that bitch, she doesn't know what kind of heartache she inflicted to me, but I don't want to bother mom with that kind of crap.

It irks me that we'll be visiting Vincenzo's house, where they both live happily and where I used to be happy.

My hunger has vanished, and I stand up from the table, saying I need to go to the bathroom.

I run upstairs, to my room and slam the door shut. My first instinct is to say I'm not feeling well, and I want to cancel it. But then I start thinking, and an evil smile comes up to my face.

Vincenzo won't know what will happen to him.

° ° °

"Athena! Are you ready?" mom yells for the tenth time. "Yes!" I yell back and finish my make-up. I give my outfit a once over, and am satisfied with it.

I go downstairs where my parents are waiting by the door and apologize for my tardiness

I go downstairs where my parents are waiting by the door and apologize for my tardiness. "Sorry," I mutter for the last time I follow them outside, to our car. We get in and start driving over to Vincenzo's house, that has become a little familiar to me. 

I already sent Chris and Lucy that we're going to have lunch with him and his girlfriend. I roll my eyes at the thought. Lucy is still skeptical about everything while Chris keeps supporting me and telling me I should get my revenge.

Sooner than I expected, we arrive at his house, and we step out.

Memories of the first time I came here flood back into my mind, and how my body reacted to him the first time I saw him.