~Chapter 11: Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!~

Christmas Piano tracks are very soothing to listen to while writing this.

~Michael's POV~

The rest of the sleigh ride was soothing—y/n and I just enjoyed each other's company while listening to the cardinals chirp their afternoon songs while brushing the powder-sugar snow off their wings and the laughter and chatter of other people while passing the town square.

But the best part of the whole trip was knowing y/n made a promise—a promise to always be there for me. I knew that she HAD to be the one! I don't care if Claire loves me or not—I knew I couldn't end up miserable like my dad did. I didn't want to follow that path...and I was determined not to. 

As we departed from the sleigh, I put an arm around y/n and asked, "Soooo, how did you like the sleigh ride?"

Y/n gave me a smile with a hint of sadness in her crinkled eyes. "It was lovely, Micha! It's just...I hate seeing you sad," She responded, making the last sentence a low whisper.

I spun her around so she was facing me with those bright e/c eyes of her's. I grabbed both of her hands, blushing at the contact. I pushed a small strand of h/c hair out of her lovely eyes and gave her a serious look. I really wondered if this was too much physical contact for her and she was thinking I was a weirdo.

"Y/n, don't you worry about me. We are here to have a good time! Now, how about we go grab some hot cocoa—I've heard they just got some colorful marshmallows in~"

Y/n's eyes lit up even more at this proposal and she pumped her gloved fist in the air. "YES! Let's go!" She clasped my hand and dragged me to the hot cocoa stand.

~Y/n's POV~

After grabbing a large cup of hot cocoa, (colorful marshmallows and a fluffy mountain of whipped cream piled on top, of course!) Michael and I made our way to the frozen pond.

We dusted off the powdered sugar-looking snow on one of the frozen benches and sat; gazing out to the slightly-crowded rink where athletic ice skaters and nervous amateurs skated about in a graceful-type manner. A few speakers over there were blasting "Here comes Santa Clause."

Michael and I looked at each other and smirked. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" Michael asked.

"You know it~"

~Quick time Squip to 10 minutes later (I did Time Squip—are you happy now?) (Jkjk I love all of you)~

"The weather outside is frightful~"

Michael offered me his hand and bowed when we glided out onto the ice. "May I have this dance, m'lady?" Michael asked in the same awful British accent from before.

Giggling, I curtsied back and mocked in a matching terrible British accent, "It would be my honor, good sir!"

With that remark, Michael immediately sweeped me across the ice. He spun me around as we danced to the beat. "It doesn't show signs of stopping~"  Michael sang lowly. "And I've brought some corn For popping~"

He pulled me closer and we continued to sway across the ice. I continued the song. "The lights are turned way down looooww~"

With huge grins, we both belted out "Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!"

We laughed as we kept skating on the ice to the song—belting and gliding to the jolly tune while Michael tried to do fancy tricks on the ice and failed.

As we continued our not-too-shabby dancing, Michael noticed the soulmate tattoo on my arm and asked, "Is your tattoo hot cocoa with whipped cream?"

I sheepishly nodded and said, "Well, it's kinda embarrassing—what can I say, I love hot cocoa with a pile of whipped cream on top!"

Michael laughed but I could tell it was slightly strained. "At least you and your soulmate will both agree on beverage preferences!"

"Yeah...." I softly said, trailing off. "I guess I'm nervous my soulmate is going to hate me, ya' know?"

Michael's smile turned sad as we slowed down our beautiful duet singing. "How could anyone hate you? You're so witty, adorable, perky..."

Y/n gave me a huge smile. "Thanks, Micha. I hope my soulmate is like you."

~Michael's POV~

"I hope my soulmate is like you."

The compliment echoed in my head. She wanted someone like me. She needed someone like me.

But we weren't soulmates.

There was no way to change that.

Gentle snowflakes drifted down and people started to clear off the ice. I barely watched as a dark-green hoodie darted past me.

Well, at least she's mine for this moment.

The next chapter is gonna be pretty cool ngl. Anyways, I should be studying for math rn, but I rather write lol. Have a lovely day/night❤️🦙❤️