DYLAN

I left Luke's house feeling better than when I'd arrived there. He reminded me of Mike, built like a tree with bright red hair and the minute I told him why I was there, he led me through his house past the table where he'd been having dinner with his wife and toddler son and we sat on the decking whilst I told him everything and he said nothing. 

My phone had buzzed a few times and I knew Mike was texting me updates at what was happening at the Clocktower. I needed to talk to Maze but  I wanted to make sure that I had all the right information.

Luke patted me on the shoulder as I left, "Remember mate, she can come and talk to us at the station about it whenever she's ready. There are a team of people ready to support her and guide her through this. She's lucky to have a friend like you."

I nodded and walked back towards Bee, climbing in and breathing that sweet lemon smell that reminded me so much of Maze. My phone buzzed again just as I started the engine.

"Dyl, mate. You need to get here. Now," Mike hissed into the phone. I could hear the band warming up in the background. 

"I'm on my way. What's going on?" I replied, setting the phone onto loudspeaker so I could start my journey back to the Clocktower.

"It's Maze, mate. She's acting really weird and she's looking really...well, not Maze. I don't think I've ever seen Si look so angry." 

My brow furrowed, "What do you mean?"

"You'll see when you get here, just do it quickly," Mike whispered as I heard Si's booming laugh in the background. Then, the line went dead.

I increased my speed and felt Bee shake as I pushed the old car past her limits.

"Come on, girl," I patted the wheel gently. "Maze needs us."

Have you ever had a trip in a car that felt as if it was going to take forever? As if the world was conspiring against you? Well, this was one of those. Every traffic light was red, I got stuck behind two tractors and a geriatric man who could barely see over the wheel but was content driving at a gentle twenty miles an hour. I clenched the steering wheel tightly as I watched the minutes on the clock tick by but not getting any closer to where I really needed to be.

Finally, I turned into the Clocktower's car park and climbed out. I slammed Bee's door closed and thought back to all those weeks ago when Maze had offered me a lift home. When it just seemed like too much to pretend that I didn't care about her. I shoved Bee's keys into my pocket and hustled into the Clocktower. As there was a live band playing, the place was packed and I managed to force my way towards the corner table that was normally reserved for us. I squeezed past a group of men and spotted Mike's head tipped down towards Hannah's but couldn't see Maze or Si.

"Hey," I sat onto the seat opposite them. They broke apart, Mike's face was flushed but Hannah smiled serenely and took a sip from her wine glass.

"Hi," Mike replied, sliding his hand around Hannah's shoulders and squeeze gently. She smiled up at him and, for a brief second, I felt jealous that I wasn't doing that with Maze. Hell, I didn't want to do it with anyone else but her. 

"What's been happening?" I asked him, trying to make this as quick as I could so I didn't cut into their date. 

Mike fidgeted with his pint glass, "Dyl, Maze is acting really strange. Like, I don't think I've ever seen her like this before."

Hannah nodded, "She certainly doesn't seem like herself and Si.."

"Where are they?" I ground out, tension spread across my shoulders.

Si appeared as if from nowhere and sat next to Hannah and Mike. Mike's jaw clenched as he watched Si look Hannah up and down. She fidgeted under his stare.