One

There are moments in our lives that seem to define us. Moments we keep going back to.
My life before him was so simple and decided and now after him, there's just after.

🦋

At Washington state university, the campus was crawling with students and parents moving in. While this was Victoria's second year she was already rooming with her friend Steph Jones. They were told that this year they will have a new roommate Victoria wasn't very thrilled with the arrangement.

🦋

Victoria's pov.

We're chilling in our dorm and today is the day the newbie is moving in and I fucking hate the idea of some random girl coming to stay with us. I just got used to Steph but new people who come out of nowhere aren't welcome cause I don't know how to explain all I'm saying is she better not start any type of drama.

"Hey V you ready for our new roomie?" Steph asked me 
"I know you hate the idea of someone new. Especially if she gets close to Hardin." Says Tristan.
"Nope, I just hope she doesn't arrive any time soon," I said laughing.
"Let's hope she isn't some snobby bitch." Steph said.
"Let's hope and for Hardin fuck him," I said flicking her off.

At that moment the new girl walks in with her mom and brother I think.
They just stare at us which was freaking wired.

"Hey," says Steph
I just look at them.
"Hi. Um, Steph and Victoria?" She asks.
"In the flesh," Steph says.
"I'm Tessa," she says giving all of us a smile.
"Hey, it's our new roomie. This is Tristan and Victoria." Says Steph
"Hey," Tristan says and hugs her.
"Oh hey I'm Victoria," I said and waved at her.
"Come in, we're not gonna bite," Tristan says.
"Oh, sorry," her mom says.
"So this is my mom, and this is Noah," Tessa says.
"Full disclosure, we were pretty bummed to be paired with a freshman. Then I thought, hello, bright side, I'm gonna be your spirit guide." Steph says.
"We can get you into all the best places even without a fake. No problem." Tristan says.
I laughed cause her mom just walked out
"Nice one tris did you see her mom's face. I fucking live for you." I said
Her little brother stayed in the room and it time to mess with him for fun.
"I like your sweater," says Tristan
"Thanks. I uh, got it from the gap." He says.
We just laugh he such a dork.
"Cute" Tristan says.

🦋

"How much did we freak out your mom?" Steph asked Tessa.
Since it looks like she is staying.
"Um"
"She thinks I'm gonna be a bad influence?" Steph asks
"She's just very protective. It's always only been the two of us." Tessa says
"Sorry to hear that," I said
Steph offers her the vape pen.
"No thanks"
"See, seem like she has nothing to worry about. Your brother is cute." Steph says.
"Oh, you mean Noah. No, he's my boyfriend." Tessa says.
"Oh, your boyfriend I thought he was your brother too," I said laughing.
"Sorry," Steph says.
"No, it's okay. He's a senior in high school." She says.
"Cool young love that's cute," I said.
"It's Tristan. I'm supposed to meet her. What's with all the old books?" Steph asks
"Have fun girl see you later. Yeah, who even brings books to college?" I said.
"Me. I guess" Tessa says.
"The bookish vibe. I like that. All right, I'm out" Steph says and leaves.
"Hey Tessa I'm gonna head out as well it nice to meet you," I said and I left the room

🦋

The following day, I went to my classes and after I went to a party with Steph and meet up with my boyfriend Noah Daniels.

"Hey, amor your here," I said kissing him
"Yeah I just got here," he says wrapping his arms around me.
We're just minding our business and I see my ex trying to make me jealous by using my best friend Molly. That's means to time to make him suffer too I was dancing with Noah and just gazing at Hardin to see if I caught his attention.
Looks like I did and he walks out and leaves Molly all alone. After that whole trying to make Hardin jealous thing. I and Noah decided to go upstairs to one of the rooms and we hooked up. After about an hour of the party, I decided to leave and go back to the dorm. On my way over there I got a text from Hardin saying "meet me at your dorm now."

🦋

Hardin's pov.

I was waiting in Victoria's and Steph's dorm waiting for Victoria to talk about the little stunt she played on me at the party. Trying to make me jealous of her pathetic boyfriend Noah of course I had to make her jealous as well but I failed.

Now I'm just waiting for her so we can talk and maybe even get back together.

I was sitting on one of the beds reading a book and I notice the new girl come in but I ignored her plus she didn't even notice me.

"Uh, excuse me? Uh, I think that you're in the wrong room." She says.
"I'm in the right room," I said.
"How did you even get in here?" She asked me I show her my set of keys.
"Okay. Can you please go out into the hall so I can get dressed?" She says.
"Don't flatter yourself, I'm not looking," I said.
The door opens and finally, Victoria arrived.
"You took your time," I said smiling at her.
"Whatever asshole what did you want. Hey, Tessa" Victoria said.
"Hi. Uh, can you please ask your boyfriend to leave so I can get dressed?" Tessa says.
"Uh, not my boyfriend what did you say to her?" Victoria asked me.
"Nothing. I've been minding my own business waiting for you babe." I said wrapping my arms around her waist and of course, she pushed my arms away from her waist.
"Okay, well whoever he is," Tessa says.
"You're going out with us tonight we're gonna meet up with Steph," Victoria said.
"Yeah, I don't know," Tessa says.
"I'm trying to picture this one at a party," I said
"You're not gonna stay here forever, right?" Victoria asked her.
"Nope," the new girl says.
"Whatever see you later I guess. Let's go Hardin so we talk." Victoria says and she walks out of the room.
"The great gatsby? It's a good book. Hate to spoil it but it was all a dream." I said
"It was all a lie," she says with that being said I walked out.

🦋
We decided to ditch the party instead we went to a cafe so we can talk.

"Your new roommate seems nice," I said.
"I guess and let me guess your gonna use her to make me jealous aren't you like you use poor Molly," Victoria says
"I only do it cause you broke up with me and I want us to be together again I miss you v.," I said trying to hold her hand but she pulls it away.
"Oh stop that your only hurting Molly in the process of trying to make me jealous which isn't even working. Plus I have a boyfriend so just drop it." She says.
"So what was that at the party earlier I saw you trying to get me jealous too," I said smiling at her
"It worked didn't it," she said laughing
"Yea it did that's why I'm here with you instead of you being with your so-called boyfriend," I said trying to kiss her.
"Stop it, Hardin, you can't kiss me anymore," she said pushing me away from her.
"So we gonna stay here so you can turn me down the whole night or we going to that party?" I asked her.
"Let's go to that party," she said getting out the booth and pulling me by my arm to the exit.

We went to the party and had a great time good thing her boyfriend wasn't around because we hanged together the whole night.

🦋

Here is the first chapter of my new story.
I hope you enjoy it and feel free to vote and comment.

🦋