Ten

Victoria's pov.

After the whole situation with Tessa and Hardin I decided to move on it wasn't worth going after the guy I thought wanted to give us another chance but instead, he fell in love with the new girl. Hardin still texts every day and calls I just ignore him. I don't want to hear the same bs "no I love you Victoria and only you. I don't care about her".

I took an internship at a publishing company named Vance publishing. I just took it to have extra references for my transcript. Since I'm majoring in interior design it doesn't hurt to get an English major on the side.  I have been at Vance publishing for like two weeks and I heard that today we are getting a new inter so that means I'm not the main little new inter anymore. Now, whoever they are going on coffee runs etc. I have been reading some manuscripts for Vance and he loved the 20 scripts I set on the side for him. So now it's the new inter to get the old manuscripts I rejected to see if she or he can get any of them accepted by Vance. Good luck to that person. 

I and Kim are walking around the office and we notice the new inter arrive with Trevor.
"Tessa! Welcome to Vance publishing." Kim says.
Did Kim just say Tessa as in Hardin's little Tessa if so this is going to be a disaster.
"Hi. Kimberly, right?" She says.
"Excellent memory. I'm impressed." Kim says
"Yes, she makes quite the impression," I say.
"You two know each other?" Kim asks
"We go to the same school and dated the same guy," I said
"Victoria please," Tessa says looking surprised to see me here.
"If you ladies will excuse me?" Trevor says and walks away.
"Are you excited to get going?" Kim asks Tessa.
"Yeah," she says.
"Let's introduce you to the boss," Kim says we start walking to Vance's office we hear him cussing on the phone.
"Kim I think this isn't the best time for introductions," I said.
"Agreed why don't we show her to her office?" Kim says.
We walk Tessa over to her office and it's a complete mess.
"I apologize for the mess. We've been short on interns lately, and we're a bit backlogged." Kim says
"That seems crazy to me. People I know would kill for an internship here." Tessa says
"I know, it's just that Vance has this small problem with firing them after a day. But that's not going to happen to you. I have a good feeling about this. But like I said during the interview, your job is to read five manuscripts a week, and if you like them, just forward them to me. My good friend Victoria here has turned in 20 manuscripts to Vance this week. So good luck." Kim says.
"Okay," Tessa says looking at me annoyed.
"The kitchen is right down the hall to feel free to place an order for lunch. Any questions?" Kim asks Tessa.
"Uh, no I'm good." She says.
"You got this. Let's go Victoria before Vance has a major meltdown." Kim says.
We leave Tessa's office which was a complete mess. I was hoping not to see her after that whole Hardin Scott situation.

Next day.

I arrived at the office and Kim told me that we had a conference today and Vance wanted Trevor, Tessa, and myself to join him and Kim.

We head off and we arrived at the Montgomery hotel downtown. I was ready to check-in and relax until later tonight but Vance had a different idea.
"Hon' do you and Victoria mind taking Tessa shopping? She needs something for tonight. I trust you." Vance says to Kim.
"Let's go have some fun," Kim says.
Fml.
We arrived at a small boutique and Tessa picked out the ugliest dress in my opinion it's a gold plated dress. I can see that her style hasn't changed it's always "innocent prep girl".
We arrived back at the hotel and we all three started getting ready.
"Are you sure that I can get in? Because I've never been to a nightclub before but don't they check?" Tessa says hand motioning an ID card.
"You'll be with us. It won't be a problem. Look before we go out tonight, I just wanted to tell you something." Kim says.
"Okay," Tessa says
"Vance and I are more than coworkers. It was strictly a work thing for years especially after his wife died. Then I started helping out with his son smith, and well love can take you by surprise." Kim says
"Yes, it can." She says I just look at her annoyed cause it's true cause Hardin fell in love with her.
"Can't wait for them to see you in this dress tonight. Oh, shoot. We forgot to buy you underwear." Kim says.
"But my clothes are in the laundry." Tessa says.
"If I leave now, I can run back to the mall" Kim says.
"Oh, no, no, no it's fine." Tessa says.
"Are you sure?" Kim asks
"Yeah" she says
"Okay I guess we're going commando, then" Kim says they both laugh. Such a slut.
Kim starts on her makeup
"I can't believe I've been at Vance for only a day." Tessa says.
"Lucky you" I said
"Well, Hardin said we'd be lucky to have you." Kim says and I look at her shocked. I can't believe this Hardin made this happen for her.
"You spoke to Hardin" Tessa asks.
"No, Vance did. He didn't tell you? Mind have slipped his mind." Kim says.
"Wow." I said walking out of the room.

We arrived at the event that Vance had us go to and I was sitting down with Trevor and Tessa.

"Feel like I'm sitting at the kid's table." Trevor says.
"Thanks." Tessa says.
"No that's not what I meant. Sorry. I hate nightclubs. Probably because I suck at dancing. I love Ohio football, but I hate nightclubs." Trevor says trying to make conversation.
"Why are we here?" Tessa asks
"Him" Trevor says.
"Mr. Jiang his family owns a hedge fund worth 800 million and it's considering investing in Vance's expansion. So you know not to mess this up for Vance. So see y'all later losers." I said walking away leaving them deal with Mr. Jiang.
I went to the restroom to fresh up and I check my phone to see some texts from Hardin I ignore his messages. Then I see a text from Steph who invited me to a party. I decided to head over there instead of being here. Vance wouldn't care he has his so holy Tessa to do it.
I know damn well we will get the deal so it's all good. She can have the fucking credit.