Eight

Hardin's pov.

🦋

After Molly showed Tessa the video of the dare I made. Tessa walked out and I followed her.

"Tessa wait, Tessa." I said.
"So what exactly did you tell them, then?" She asked
"Nothing."
"None of it was real. I actually thought.. you're just a lair." She says
"That was all before."
"Before what?"
"Before"
"You snapped your fingers and you turned it off." She says.
"You said nothing could change the way you felt about me."
"Then I guess we're both liars." She says and starts walking away.

"Hey, Hardin" I hear Victoria say behind me.
"Hey did you hear all of that?" I asked her.
"Yes, and it seems you prefer her over me." Victoria says.
"No, I care about you." I said.
"Sure you do but you're in love with Tessa." She says.
"No, it has always been you Victoria. It's always gonna be you and me." I say
"Just understand whatever we had is over now since you're in love with her so please just understand that." She says.
"No please don't leave me. I need you Victoria."
"There's never gonna be me and you since you have feelings for her. I'm sorry." Victoria says and she goes back into bob's.

I left and went back to my place that night.

🦋

Victoria's pov.

🦋

I was in my English class and the lecture was over I was putting my things away and I hear my name being called out.

"Ms. Rae, this is what Hardin turned in. I think it was written more for you than it was for me." The English professor tells me handing me a yellow envelope.
"Thank you"
I left the last more and we back to my and Steph's dorm.
"Hey," Steph says. 
"Hey, how have you been" I asked her.
"Good and you?"
"Good" I said opening the envelope next to her.
I see a picture of the lake where he took me and a drawing of me.
"What is that?" Steph asks
"Oh, a secret spot and a good place to think."
"Cool."
"I gotta go see you later yeah." I said
"Yeah bye" Steph says

I grab the envelope I drove up to the lake Hardin took me and I felt like it would be better to read his essay up there.

I made and I sat down at the end of the dock.

"I've read hundreds of novels in my life, most of them claiming that love was the center of the universe. That it could heal any damage inside of us, that it was what we need to survive. From Darcy to Heathcliff, I thought they were fools. That love was something fictional, only found in worn pages of a book. But that has all changed. Since I met my Elizabeth Bennett. I never thought I would find myself completely and utterly consumed by another until her. She took my hand and led me out of the darkness and showed me that whatever our souls are made of hers and mine are the same. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. You once asked who I loved the most in this world.
It's you."
After finishing his essay I look up and see Hardin sitting next to me.

🦋

Here's the final chapter
I hope you enjoyed the first half of this story.

🦋