Six

Victoria's pov.

🦋

After what Steph told me what Hardin had been hiding from me. This whole time when I would tell him that he likes Tessa I was just playing. Turns out that it is freaking true that he does like that wannabe.

But guess what I'm gonna mess with their relationship so he knows that he picked the wrong girl. He gonna be begging me to be with him again like he has been doing for months.

I was going to crash the chancellor's wedding reception tonight and see what Hardin has to say about it. I knew that Tessa was going to attend with Hardin cause my lovely nosey friend told me. So thank you to Steph.

🦋

Hardin's pov.

🦋

Tessa talked me into going to my dad's reception for his damn wedding. We arrived I was uncomfortable with the whole situation and Karen comes up to us.
"Look who's here. It's good to see you" said Karen
"You too," I said.
"And you must be Victoria," Karen said
"Oh no, I'm Tessa." She says.
"Tessa. Sorry, I'm Karen."
"Hi"
"I'm Landon's mom." She says.
"it's so nice to meet you," Tessa says shaking Karen's hand.
"Nice to meet you."
"Congratulations."
"Thank you. It means a lot to me that you could be here." Karen says to me.
"Congratulations," I said.
"Thanks for coming. I'm happy you decided to join us, son." My dad says
"Landon tells us you're in professor Soto's seminar," Karen asks Tessa.
"Yeah, so you're an English Major?" Karen asks
"Um I would love to, but I think if I want to be employed maybe business or Econ," Tessa says.
"If you're interested in the business side of literature, my friend owns a publishing company." My father says.
"You mean Vance?" I ask
"Yes"
"Well, I can call Vance for her," I said.
"Of course, I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you." My father says.
"Ken dean has arrived. Come on I think we should go say hi."
"Enjoy."
"Nice meeting you," Karen says to Tessa.
"Yeah, you too."
They finally walk away.

"Let's just have fun," Tessa says she looks at me and I see someone walk in and it's Victoria.
"I can't," I said.
"Why not?" Tessa asks.
"You made me promise to be on my best behavior," I said. We walk out to the backyard and I notice my father and Karen call out to Victoria and She greets them and waves at me.
I just look at her she walks over to the main table with my father and Karen who are about to give a speech to the guest.
"Thank you all for coming. Tonight we celebrate a great good fortune, and her name is Karen. The love of my life, and frankly, she saved my life. I'm suddenly blessed by a new bride, a new life, and not one, but two brilliant sons. Hardin and Landon, I remember an earlier time, when my greatest pleasure was to listen to Hardin, who loved to recite passages from novels, all by memory. And he would perform them, leaving me with tears"

"That's not the man I grew up with. My father was a drunk and nothing more. " I said telling Tessa and my father continued with his speech was bullshit.
"At least he's trying which is more than my father ever did. People change" Tessa tries to compare her situation to mines which I don't want to hear right now.
"It still doesn't change what happened," I said starting to get upset.
"What happened?"
"One night when I was eight my dad was at the pub, drunk as usual. He messed with the wrong guys. They came to our house for payback he wasn't there. They found my mom instead. I tried to fight them off, but I couldn't and that's my dad. The beloved chancellor Scott." I said and I notice my father come up to us with Victoria behind him.
"I don't suppose you recall any of those passages." He asks
"Not the way you remember it," I said
"Hardin please not now," Victoria says she knows about my issues with my father.
"Yes, son not now please listen to Victoria don't make a scene." My father says.
"I would love to have a dance with your brilliant son," Tessa says starting to pull me to the dance floor but.
"No Tessa let's continue our conversation and let Victoria and Hardin enjoy a dance together like old times." My father says.
"Oh okay. Mm is that okay with you Hardin?" Tessa asks. I didn't respond to her I just pulled Victoria to the dance floor.

🦋

Victoria's pov.

🦋

After the conversation between Hardin and chancellor Scott me and Hardin, we are on the dance floor.
We were slow dancing and it feels so magical it was just us we just stopped worrying about our problems which felt good.
"I'm glad you are here." He says to me.
"You're welcome the only reason why I decided to show up was to be here for you cause I know this whole situation is upsetting for you," I said looking up at him.
"I appreciate it and you are the only one who makes me sane for this type of situation. Thank you for being here v." Hardin says
We just kissed and we left and went back to the place where I guess he and Tessa had been living together.
We were still making out and he pulls away.
"I want you," he says kissing my neck.
"You sure since your dating Tessa," I said laughing
"Yes, I'm sure." He says.
I pull off his dress shirt and he takes off my dress and the fun has begun we made love and after we just talked and cuddled.

🦋

Here's another chapter.
The end was cringe ha.

🦋