Prologue

<Regan Henson POV>

"Are you ready?" I asked Wyatt, holding his tongue between tongs.

"Uhuhh." He said, but it sounded weird since, again, I was still holding it tongue.

"Ok...3, 2, 1-" I said, stabbing the large needle into his tongue.

Wyatt screamed against the tongs and started to cry. Still he didn't move because we had duct tape his hands together and to his legs.

"Hold on..." I said, grabbing an ice cube from the cup beside us and placing it on his tongue to numb the pain.

For a few minutes I kept his tongue in the hold and the cube on top of it, "Can you even feel your tongue?" I asked laughing at his face that had tear stains.

He shook his head and stared at me.

"Do you have the earring?" I asked him and he looked around, "Wait we need you to cut your hands." I said letting his teeth hold the ice cube in place.

Grabbing some scissors from the drawer in the kitchen I cut his hands and legs free, "Ok, be free." I said and he smiled.

Slowly he took the ice cube off of his tongue and cringed, "It feels sore." Wyatt said, feeling his tongue.

"Earring, before it closes." I said panicked and he also panicked, looking for the earring.

"I think I left it in my room." He said running to his room and I followed.

"Found it...ow." Wyatt said, feeling his tongue, "Does it look bad?" He asked.

Looking at his tongue I shrugged, "It looks bloody, but that's just because it's fresh." I said, not wanting to make him feel bad.

"Found it." He said holding up a diamond earring, "It's my mom's, but she never uses it." He said walking out of his room.

We both stood in his bathroom and in front of the mirror, "Ok, I can do this." I heard Wyatt said, hyping himself up.

"I believe in you Wyatt." I said helping his hype.

Quickly he put the sharp end of the earring into his tongue where I punctured it, he cringed in pain but put the earring through his tongue.

"Does it hurt?" I asked and he nodded, putting the small rubber stopper on the back of his tongue to keep the earring in.

The earring was just a diamond earring, "How does it look?" He asked

"Painful." I said honestly.

"Yeah it is!" Wyatt said punching my shoulder.

"We'll get a real tongue piercing when I ask my mom." He said and I nodded.

Wyatt Knots. 13, like me and just so happens to be my best friend. We have an older friend who has a tongue piercing and Wyatt wanted one.

Our friend said to wait until we were older, that was a year ago. So today we decided to give Wyatt a tongue piercing.

"Wyatt!" We heard someone shout and we looked at each other through the mirror.

"Hi mom!" Wyatt yelled back, "Wyatt get over here!" She yelled and he cringed at the sound.

Both of us walked out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen where his mom stood with a paper towel that had Wyatt's tongue blood on it.

"What is this?" She asked looking at the both of us.