Chapter 4

<Regan Henson POV>

Looking at my schedule I sighed. I hadn't talked to Wyatt in a while, junior year just started and I know we will have a class somewhere.

Putting the extra textbooks in my locker and taking out my phone that had my schedule on it. Searching it for a bit I checked to see if I was even in the right hall.

After finding a few of the classes I was still trying to find my first class, "Hey." Someone said startling me.

Looking around I saw Wyatt behind and quietly laughing, "Are you lost?" He asked, now kinda nervous.

"Uh, yeah...Mrs. Mint." I told him and he nodded, "Alright." He said starting to walk in the opposite direction of the way I was going.

"Damn, was I close?" I asked, trying to not make him so nervous.

For a second he laughed nervously, "Yeah, off by 2 halls." He answered.

The rest of the way was quiet, even when we got to the room, he just nodded and left. Sighing, I walked into the room and saw other kids talking to each other.

Never had I really been without Wyatt, so I didn't have a need for other students. Luckily on the board was the assigned seats.

Staring at the board for a second, figuring out where I was supposed to sit, I found myself in the back of the room.

Sitting next to a boy, who was reading, I looked him up and down. He looked small, maybe 5'1 and he didn't seem to realize I was here.

"Hello." I said and he looked up at me, "Oh, hi." He said then looked at the board, "You're Regan?" He questioned.

"Yes, and I assume you're Adam?" I asked back and he nodded, "I know it's kinda boring." He said laughing lightly.

"I mean, you're not wrong...but I've never met an 'Adam' if it helps." I said and he laughed lightly again.

"Watcha reading?" I asked, looking at his book and he also looked at the cover.

"Oh, Fahrenheit 451." He answered and I just stared at him.

"I don't think you would get it anyway." He said, trying to keep back his smile as he looked back at his book.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked back jokingly.

"It doesn't mean anything. Just off of what I know about you, you don't seem like the person to understand." He said, still trying to hold back a smile.

"You've only known me for 5 minutes." I said pushing him a bit and he laughed.

"You can actually gather a lot about someone by how they introduce themselves." He said looking at me with a smile.

"So what have you learned about me?" I asked, wanting to know what he's gathered so far.

"Well...You either don't know anyone or you're a loner since you didn't try to talk to anyone besides your seat partner." He said and I left like someone just hit me.

"You seem very friendly-" He said but I cut him off, "What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

Adam's smile fell into a confused face, "You're acting like we're already best friends when we literally met 7 minutes ago."

"Is that all?" I asked

"So far? Yeah." He said and I nodded, "Have you gathered anything on me?" He asked, smiling and I smiled back.