Chapter 11

<Wyatt Knots POV>

Quietly I was writing down key points in my science notebook. Nothing really special, just chemistry.

I didn't want to look at the image of the table of elements. It was just too confusing to me so I focused on the words in the textbook.

"Hey." Someone whispered.

Looking up I saw Aiden standing there, "Oh hey." I said to him, smiling.

He seemed a bit nervous but sat down in front of me, "Watcha doing?" He asked, looking at the textbooks.

"Science." I said, picking up the book and showing him the cover of the textbook.

Aiden smiled at it but saw my face and it fell, "You don't like science, do you?" He asked sadly.

"Not really." I said smiling at him, but it was an awkward smile.

For a second he looked at the books, "Ok so, what don't you like?" He asked, looking back at me.

"This." I said pointing at the devil table, nope not the right name, Table of Elements...yup that's right.

He smiled, "Oh there's a song on this, it's really good and it got me to memorize it." He said and I looked at him confused.

"Let's not focus on that now...how long have you been working on this?" He asked and I looked at the clock on the wall.

"Since...3:25?" I said and he looked at the clock too, "It's 5:12." He said to himself and I nodded again.

Quickly he stood up and started to close my textbook, "Nope, after an hour you need to take at least a 10 minutes break. Come on we're going." He said, starting to shove my stuff in my bag.

"What?" I said, stopping his hand, "I'm not done."

"Yes you are, come on." He said picking up my bag and grabbing my hand with him.

We walked out and I looked at the school, "So why are you here so late?" I asked him curiously.

"I had to help a teacher out, so did some other kids." He said pointing to some kids just now walking out.

Still I was confused, "Ok...but why were you in the library?" I asked.

He had to think again, "Just curious to see if anyone else was here."

Nodding along I took his answer as good enough, "So where are we going?" I asked, trying to grab back my bag.

"Nope. You may have your phone but I can see that in your pocket." He said and kept me from my bag.

Huffing I looked forward, "Is it far?" I asked him.

"Yes and no. We're gonna go in my car." He said turning towards a nice car that I assumed to be his.

Aiden had opened my door for me and put my bag in the back, "How long are we going to be out?" I asked.

"Just maybe 30 minuets." He answered, turning on the car and getting out of school.

"So why are you taking me?" I asked, bored and knew I wasn't going to know where we're going.

"Because you need to not work on school." Aiden said, turning a corner.

"But, why? It's just work." I said and he smiled, not at me, but just at the road, "What?" I asked, confused.

"Aiden." I tried but he didn't answer, just smiled at the road.