Chapter 15

<Regan Henson POV>

Damion sat on the floor with a notebook while I sat on my bed, "Ok, ready?" He asked, opening the notebook.

"I guess." I told him, crossing my legs.

He nodded and looked at me, "Where do you wanna start?" He asked.

I shrugged and he sighed, "Regan, you need to talk, that's the only way we're going to get somewhere." He told me.

Sighing a bit I asked, "What do you wanna know?" I asked him.

"Anything you wanna say Regan, if you wanna talk about how you feel, do that. If you wanna tell me the story, do that. Just give me something." Damion said.

"We started to play the game when we were 13." I started and he wrote something down and I waited for him to stop.

When he did, he just looked back up to me, "What is this supposed to do?" I asked.

"Venting, advice, anything that you need to say. Regan I'm studying psychology. A therapist is kinda like that, except taking notes on you and seeing how you work." He said.

"You're studying psychology?" I asked, not knowing what he even did in night school.

Slowly he nodded, "Yup, now back to you. Keep talking about anything." He told me, clicking his pen a few times.

"Well we did...Pocky game, things." I said, not wanting to go into detail about what we did in the game.

"Did you ever have sex?" He asked casually.

Taking back, I stuttered for a few seconds, "N-no! We never did that." I said quickly after feeling awkward.

He nodded and wrote down more things, "Keep going." He said, not looking up from the notebook.

"Uhh, when we were 15 he came out. Before that he was acting weird, I assume it was because he was hyping himself up." I went on.

"When was that?" Damion asked, looking up for a second to look at me.

I knew the answer off the top of my head, "This summer, about 2 week before school started."

"Do you wanna tell me more about what the game did? Or was it just...something you did?" He asked

"It was something we had gotten used to. We would have a box of Pocky and just play." I told him and he wrote down more.

My hands started to fidget with each other and I think Damion noticed so I stopped, "Every other day we would go to the store for a box of Pocky and make the box last."

"It was just what we did, it was...normal." I said

I watched as he stopped writing and looked at me, "Do you want something to fidget with?" He asked

Confused, I asked, "What?"

"Something to fidget with, like a rubix cube or blocks to stack." He told me and I shook my head quickly.

"I don't want those." I said to him and he stood up, "I'll be right back." He told me.

When we came back he had a large blue container, "What's that?" I asked, confused at that item.

Damion opened the box and inside were toys that I would see at 'Coop and Nobel'. Those toys that looked fun to play with but you never got.

"These are ADHD toys, they're for kids that can't focus and need something to hold onto while working." He explained.