Chapter 17

<Wyatt KnotsPOV>

"So why are you hanging with me today? Don't you usually hang out with Regan?" I asked, confused.

Adam sighed, "I want to spend time with you too. You're also my friend you know." He said nudging me as we walked around school.

"I know, it's just...well you're closer with Regan and-" I said but he cut me off.

"Let's stop talking about Regan." He said and I was a bit taken back about how quickly he said it.

Shrugging it off I looked down the hall, "So what's new with you?" Adam asked me, messing with his backpack strings.

Thinking about it I replied, "I went on a date with Aiden. He said he's gonna plan for another one so..." I said smiling.

He smiled, "Yay! How was the date? Where did he take you?" Adam questioned quickly, happy to talk about my date.

"We went to the mall, he pretended that he had to get a gift for someone else, that someone being me, and gave me back what I told time to buy." I started.

"Smooth..." Adam whispered and I nodded in agreement.

Remember what happened next I told him, "We ate at the food court and then we went to a candy store before threatening to buy all the flavors of Pocky."

Laugher came out of Adam and I laughed along with him, "That sounds like something he'd do for you." He said, calming down.

"Hey I have a question." I said and he hummed in acknowledgement, "What's up dork?" He asked.

Rolling my eyes a bit I spoke, "Why does everyone say that?" I asked and Adam looked confused.

"I mean, like, everyone always makes it seem like Aiden liked me before we met." I explained, seeing if it made sense.

Still confused Adam looked at me, "Wow you're really oblivious aren't you?" He asked himself.

"What do you mean?" I asked back, now confused.

"Dude, Aiden has liked you since like...9th grade. At least that's what I heard." Adam finally said and I stared at him.

We stared at each other for a second before Adam looked even more confused, "You really didn't know?" He asked.

Slowly I shook my head, "Well now you know." He said.

"Since 9th grade?" I asked, still not able to take in the fact he's liked me for so long.

"Well...It may be 9th grade. Dewey said it may have been around that time, but there's no way to be sure." Adam told me.

My mind went wild with the idea of Aiden liking me for so long, "Wyatt, stop thinking about it, you're overthinking it." He said, shaking me.

Nodding I tried not to think about it, "Why would he take 4 years to ask me out?" I asked finally.

"Because he really likes you Wyatt. Have you not seen it?" He asked, worried that I didn't see what he was talking about.

"I just thought it was just a thing that can go for a while before inevitable demise." I said and Adam looked slightly confused.

Quietly he shook his head, "No, he really likes you. Like REALLY likes you." He emphasis on 'really'

"Oh..." I said, starting to understand.

"Now! Let's go find something to do." Adam said, grabbing my arm and pulling me through the school.