Chapter 5

<Wyatt Knots POV>

Playing on my phone while standing at my locker I saw a quarter, "Oh Shiny!" I said crouching down to pick it up.

Putting the coin in my pocket I looked at the time only to see that I had 10 more minutes before I had to be in class.

"Uhh...Hello." I heard and I thought they weren't talking to me so I dismissed them.

"Wyatt." They said and again I looked up from my phone to my locker.

Looking behind me I see a boy a bit taller than me, "Oh hi." I said smiling lightly.

"Hi...Umm, do you know who I am?" He asked, kinda nervous.

Staring at the guy I thought for a second. I've seen him around, but I never really thought about it.

The only thing I knew about his name was it started with an 'A'..., "Is it Aiden?" I asked, focused on if I was right.

His face lit up, "Yeah! It is." He said happily.

For a second he looked at the floor and just smiled, "So not to be rude or anything but, did you need something?" I asked him.

He looked up at me and bit the inside of his lip, "Uhh..." He whispered and I smiled at how nervous he looked.

Down the hall I saw a group of seniors looking at us and I looked back and forth between Aiden and them.

After a second I saw Regan run to them before asking them something and looking at me. When Regan saw me he 'Oh'd and nodded.

Turning back to Aiden he still seemed nervous and wasn't really getting any words out. Still I was feeling uncomfortable with them watching me like this.

"Hey, you think about that for a bit. I have to get to my class." I said and he stuttered for a second before nodding.

"See ya Aiden." I said waving at him while walking away.

What a strange dude.

Getting to my 3rd period I sat down in my seat and played on my phone, "Hey Wyatt."
I heard someone say sitting beside me.

Adam Bullen. 15, almost 16. We've been hanging out since school started. He's pretty cool and keeps saying that he wanted me to meet someone, but that they keep cancelling.

I think he just doesn't have any other friends...poor thing.

"So how's it going?" I asked while still playing on my phone.

"Meh, Oh! I caught my friend in a lie and I know he's free today!" He said excitedly.

"Adam. I admire you for trying so hard to prove you have a friend, but it's ok. You don't have to have a lot of friends to impress me." I said and he looked at me.

"I'm not doing it to prove to you. I think you would like this person, they're nice." He said and I nodded like I understood.

"You'll see, you'll see." Adam said looking at my phone and starting to help me play until class started.

...

"Where are we going?" I asked him as he dragged me around.

"Trying to find my friend." He answered looking down a hall to see if he can find the so called 'Friend'

Adam pulled me around until he found the group of people that were staring at me earlier today.

"Finally!" He yelled and pulled me to them.