Chapter 7

<Wyatt Knots POV>

Sighing I opened the door to my home and stepped in.

There was another set of shoes by the door and I was confused. Slowly I picked up the shoes and looked at the sizing.

It looked to be a men's pair, confused as to why there was another set of shoes at the door.

My mom wasn't one for a one night stand, and they seemed like fancy shoes. Why would mom have a fancy person here?

"That doesn't make any sense, why now?" I heard mom ask loudly and I got scared.

Mom yelling in general scared me. She's never yelled at me before so I've never experienced it before.

That also meant she probably has a lot of pent up anger since I do a lot of stupid things.

Quietly I walked into the kitchen but just stayed around the corner, "Cece-" I heard someone say but mom cut them off.

My mom's name was Ceclia, Ceclia Knots

"Don't you dare call me that Charles. You lost the fucking right to say that when you told me to abort my child." Mom yelled at 'Charles'

Abort me...? Is she talking to my dad? "Mom?" I said finally peaking my head around the corner.

"Wyatt." She said and her head snapped to me, slightly scaring me, "Hi sweetie. Say, can you just stay in your room for a bit. Just until our guest leaves." She said.

"This is him?" 'Charles' asked, looking at me.

"Wyatt, room." Mom said and I left quickly to my room.

For a bit I heard yelling back and forth. Mostly mom cursing 'Charles' out.

I wasn't one to go against my mom, but I wanted to know who that was.

Was he my dad? Someone who knew of my dad?

Maybe...an hour later a soft knock came on my door. The yelling had stopped a few minutes ago.

Carefully I opened the door and mom was there, "Hi baby." She said lightly caressing my cheek.

"Hi mom..." I said, scared of why she was acting like this. I mean, it was better than yelling, but still.

"Do you wanna know who your dad is?" She suddenly asked and my eyes went wide.

"What?" I whispered.

"That fuckhead you saw is your sperm donor." She said, but sounded sweet.

Slowly I opened my door and I hid behind my mom while she took me to the living room, "Asshole, this is Wyatt. Wyatt, this is Asshole." Mom introduced us.

"Hi asshole." I whispered, still behind mom.

'Charles' sighed, "Hi Wyatt, I'm Charles." He introduced and clarified his name for me.

"Are you my dad?" I asked, not caring if it was wrong to ask.

"Wow...blunt like your mom." Charles said, laughing awkwardly.

"I fucking hate you." Mom commented and Charles nodded, "Ok."

Taking a risk I asked, "Why are you here?"

He sighed, "I...was in town and I heard that Ceceila was still here. So I decided to drop by."

Mom filled in the rest for him since he didn't speak anymore, "He thought I got scared and aborted you."