Chapter 6

<Regan Hendson POV>

"What are you thinking about?" Wednesday asked Adam as he poked his water bottle, lost in thought.

"What's going on between you and Wyatt?" He suddenly asked, looking at me.

I was taken back by his question and just stuttered for a second, "Nothing." I spoke and he looked frustrated.

"I've never seen him act like that before..." I heard Aiden whisper sadly, "He seemed so...scared."

"Well you don't know him like I do." I snapped, laughing slightly hysterically.

Adam seemed annoyed with my answer and at me because he turned to Huey, "Gimme the candy." He said and Huey pulled out 5 unwrapped starbursts.

"You have 3 minutes." Wednesday said and Adam's eyes widened.

"You never said anything about a time limit!" He said, sounding worried.

"Time starts now." Dewey said and without a second thought he put the starburst in his mouth and started to chew them all at once.

Someone sat down next to us and I've seen him around the school, but I didn't know his name.

"Your boyfriend is so odd." He said with a lollipop in his mouth.

Aiden pouted, "We aren't dating yet..."

"Who?" Dewey asked him.

"Wyatt. I found him in the hall and we talked. I brought up the party on Friday and he said he might." He said before looking at me, "What up Regan?" He said nodding at me.

"And you are?" I asked, waiting for his name.

"I'm Jessie." He answered and I nodded.

"You ok there?" Huey asked Adam as he struggled to chew on the candy.

Adam nodded and still kept going at the candy. We all started at him for a second and watched as he chewed and swallowed in pain.

"Did I do it?" He asked and I swear I saw the lump of chewed candy slowly going down his throat.

"Yeah...you did." Dewey said awkwardly.

"Oh thank god." He said, still sounding in pain.

Wednesday seemed to have a chill go down her spine, "Anyway, Regan it's your turn." She said and Huey took out 5 more wrapped starburst.

While Huey unwrapped them Aiden turned back to Jessie, "So he's gonna go?" He asked, excited .

"He said maybe Aiden, don't get your hopes up." Jessie said looking at him sternly.

"He's never been to a highschool one...at least I don't think he has." Aiden said.

Jessie shrugged, "He said he didn't seem to want to go, but I said I'll take him if he decided to go." He said as Huey finished unwrapping the candy and held them out for me.

"Time starts now." Dewey and I put them all in my mouth like Adam did.

Chewing on the candy I struggled to even get started on it, "Have fun with that." Adam said to me.

"So what's your fascination with Wyatt?" Adam asked Aiden.

"Practically everything." Jessie commented laughing.

Aiden slapped his back hard making Jessie choke on his lollipop for a second, "Fuck off." Aiden snapped.

"Not everything-well not not everything but...I don't know. I just do." He said blushing a bit.