Chapter 14

<Wyatt Knots POV>

     "Do I look ok?" I asked Adam while looking in the bathroom mirror.

     Adam looked at me in the mirror, "I think you look good, I'm sure Aiden will too." He said nodding at my outfit.

     "How do you know?" I asked, worried I didn't look nice for my first date since...well I've never been on one so.

     He scoffed, "Have you not seen the way Aiden looks at you in anything?" Adam asked, looking at me.

     I looked at him confused, "Huh?" I asked

     "My god you're oblivious. Good for Aiden." Adam said ruffling my hair, making me panic about it.

     Fixing my hair quickly I heard a small notification come from my phone. I had asked him to just message me when he was here so as to not face my mother.

     "He's here." Adam said, in my room and looking out the window.

     "Oh god, do I look ok?" I asked again, and Adam rushed into my bathroom, "Dude, you look fine! Now go!" He said, pushing me out of the bathroom.

     We went downstairs, "Mom! I'm going out!" I yelled and dad came from the corner, along with mom.

     "Where are you going?" Mom asked as Adam opened the front door.

     I was at a loss, I didn't want mom to know yet and didn't want to lie to her, "We're going to the park for an experiment!" Adam said, grabbing my arm.

     He pulled me to Aiden's car and put me in the front seat while he got in the back, "Drive Aiden." Adam said sitting in the middle seat.

     Not questioning it Aiden drove off, "I didn't expect Adam to be on our date." Aiden said and I laughed lightly.

     "He had to lie to my mom to get us out of the house, but Adam," I said looking back at him, "You're not going on our date." I told him.

     "Yeah yeah I know. Just drop me off at home" He said and Aiden started to drive there.

     Adam tapped my shoulder and got my attention, "Hey so why was there like 3 boxes of Pocky in your bedside table?" Adam asked.

     I looked at him, "Why were you looking in my bedside table?" I asked him, confused at why he did that.

     "Uhh...hey look, my house, see ya!" Adam said opening the door to the car and jumping out onto the sidewalk.

     Then walked away casually as if he didn't just jump out of a moving vehicle... "Wow, would you look at that." Aiden said as we watched Adam walk away.

     "Well, we should get going." Aiden said and I smiled, "So where are we going?" I asked, wondering.

     He looked at me, "You'll know when we get there." He told me, making me cross my arms, "Damn..." I whispered.

     Aiden drove for a bit until he got me to a mall, "Fancy." I said, looking at the large mall in our town.

     "Ok, what are we doing here?" I asked him as he started to walk inside of the mall with me following.

     "I hope you don't mind, I need to get a gift for someone first...and I need help." He said, awkwardly.

     Laughing a bit I nodded, "Ok sure, who's it for?" I asked, starting to wall towards the large building.

     "Uhh, can't say, but they're like you. So I thought you could help me." He explained and I nodded.

     We walked inside and I looked around, "So what store?" I asked, looking at the variety of stores.