001

23 NOVEMBER 2020

" Vinnie, i found this in Mai's drawer and it had said if found return to vinnie so i thought Mai wanted you to have it," Mai's mother informed the teenage male and passed him a thick journal, he stood there and stared at it blankly as he flipped through it he sees pictures and words , he smiled to smile and held onto it tightly.

The boy knew exactly what the journal was, he saw the girl write in this every day with a cup of coffee in her hands as she smiled while she wrote in the very same journal he was now holding onto. He knew how much this journal meant to the girl but she would never let him take a peek inside and even if he asked, she would get somehow defensive or change the subject. Mai would always say that it was a surprise and soon he would finally get to reveal the writings in black ink on the thin paper of the thick dark brown cover of the journal.

Vinnie went home and puts the book on his bed side table and sat down on his bed , he looked at a photo frame with a picture of him and his late girlfriend on the table " i wish you were still here" he whispered.

He took a shower and looked at the diary from a distance, hesitating to read it he leaves it there for a few days .

Maybe it was because he knew that it remind him too much of the brunette that was in his heart which was why he tried to stay away from the book that sat on his table. Deep down, he wanted to take a look by just turning the pages and he was glad he could finally see why the girl was being so protective about this journal but his heart couldn't take it, his mind on the other hand, wanted him to just do it. Vinnie runs his hands through his hair in frustration, but he resisted and tried to get some sleep instead since he hasn't been getting any lately.

1 DECEMBER 2020

After days of staring and thinking about what was in the book her mother had pass to him , he finally decided to take a look . He opens the book and reads the first thing he sees 'If found please return to Vinnie Hacker' sending chills down his spine .

The seven words made his heart numb, his hair stand and it almost really gave him goosebumps. He took a deep breath as he flipped the page revealing a longer paragraph written beautifully in black ink, he ran his fingers softly against the words trying to fight the urge to cry for the millionth time this week.

Dear random boy i saw ,

Today it is the 25th of January 2016 and I saw you at the shopping mall , I was with my mom and you were with your family we were just distance away but I could hear your brother say " you've been staring at that girl for 5 minutes now ! thats creepy" and you smacked him ( i'm only guessing he is your brother because your mother told him not to be rude to him) I noticed you staring at me for what seemed like 5 minutes according your brother and it was creepy at first but then you smile at me and i just felt this feeling of joy because I had just moved from London to Seattle and I thought I just met a new friend that I was probably never going to see ever again :(

You had brown hair and you were wearing a baseball jersey, I hope I get to see you again and maybe even get your name one day .

love ,

Mai Scott

NOTE :

hi ! i just added more words as i'm trying to edit this
book because i feel like its very incomplete ):