18

The thunder roars loudly as it rained heavily, people running to find a shelter nearby but the sound of the rain was satisfying and it was so peaceful. Vinnie lay down on his bed and wrapped his arms around his body sized pillow, he stared at the ceiling and closed his eyes enjoying the peace and the sound of the rain outside.

" Vincent !" She called for him, he runs towards her and lifts the girl up and held onto her tightly " i missed you" he whispered softly as she giggled " i missed you too but i have to go" he lets her down and watched as the girl walked away " mai !" he yells as
a car hits her.

" mai" he opens his eyes now sitting up from the shock, he tries to catch his breath he looked at his hands and then his surroundings " right" he said with a disappointed tone. His thoughts get interrupted by his phone ringing which he grabbed and answer it " hello" Kio said on the other line " before you say anything I hope you're having a great trip, now please take care and just for once take your mind off Mai." Kio hung up the phone " h-hello?" Vinnie spoke then he looked at the phone with a confused expression.

Dear Vinnie,

Today is your birthday! Happy birthday Vincent, I hope you grow up and become a professional baseball player and find a very pretty girlfriend because you're a very  good looking person, oh no I just boosted your ego.. Happy Birthday though..

Love

Mai Scott