008

Today was the day of homecoming, Mai wore her mother's white silky dress and did her makeup making sure she looked good enough and as always, she looked good. Mai walked downstairs where she assumed Vincent was already downstairs talking to her parents since she heard his voice, " oh my god" Vincent mumbled under his breath as she walked down the stairs, he felt his heart skip a beat and his stomach filled with butterflies " you look gorgeous" Mai's mother hugged her daughter and kissed her on the forehead, Mai thanked her mother for the compliment and the dress then she looked around " wheres dad ?" she asked her mother who avoided eye contact " work ?" she asked bluntly as her mother nods in response.

" we should get going, by mrs Scott" Vincent held a hand out for Mai, she hugged her mother before she took Vincent's hand and they walked into his dad's car.

" you look handsome" she smiled

The two had fun until they lost each other in the crowd, Mai pushed her way through and then she saw Vincent. Excited she found her friend she walked towards him but his lips were pressed against another girls, Mai didn't know why but she held hurt and like her heart torn into pieces— she walked outside and sat down, the cold breeze brush against her soft skin as she wipes her tears and tried her best to take deep breaths, she rubbed her arm as it started to get cold outside then she heard footsteps walk towards her " i finally found you" vincent said as he tried to catch his breath, " yeah congrats" she chuckled and looked at the sky avoiding the boy " why are you sitting here alone? are you okay" he asked getting no answers " mai, whats wrong ?" he asked again trying to get her attention but still no response, frustrated he stood infront of her forcing Mai to look at him or at least give him an answer. But she stood up and walked away, he jogged up to her and held onto her arm stopping her from walking away " Mai please. whats wrong ?"

She get out of his grip, " i dont know okay ?" she says looking at him for the first time in 2 hours. Mai chuckles and adds " just go back inside and go eat her face off, why don't you"

" you're jealous ?" Vincent smirked, Mai gave him a disgusted look " no." she answered bluntly but Vincent cups her face " i didn't kiss her, she kissed me and it was just a little kiss 2 seconds no harm. Plus, I like you and I always have ever since I saw you in the mall" he says with a smile on his face as he puts a strand of hair behind her ear and then next thing they knew, their lips were pressed against each other Mai pulls Vincent closer to deepen the kiss and they slowly pull away " i like you too Vinnie" she hugged the boy who then lifted her up as she wrapped her legs around his torso " of course you like me back, i'm irresistible" Vincent laughed.

Dear Vinnie,

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW ! Today is the 28th of October 2017 and guess what ? you asked me to be your girlfriend. Yup! let me refresh your memory, so we went to Homecoming and then I finally found you in the crowd after losing each other but then you were kissing some other female and I went outside to cry for a little then you came and you kissed me, well we kissed and then as we were walking home you asked me to be your girl friend and yeah, watch me be your wife in a few years. ' Mrs Mai Hacker' sounds pretty good to me. Please don't break up with me ! I want to be Mrs Hacker and I will kill you if I don't be Mrs h. Jokes, but thank you for this very interesting night.

Hi Vinnie, its 3AM and my parents are arguing they have never argued before i mean not this bad, i'm very scared right now because I hear glass breaking but i'll be okay ? right ?

love

Mai Scott

3RD DECEMBER 2020

Vinnie closed the book after reading the last sentence of the chapter, he wiped his tears and shut his eyes for a second as events of the day replay in his head and he was so filled with emotion . " mrs hacker" he mumbled and smiled by himself as he looked at a picture frame on his bed side table.