005

Years went by and they grew older, it was now one year later and they were one year older. The boy had gotten over the fact she left without saying goodbye but deep down he hoped that she would just come back and explain while she was in London . Mai prayed that one day her parents would come to her and tell her that they were going back to Seattle, she wanted to be with Vincent and to explain everything since she knew he was upset and of course he was upset by now the two are practically best friends and leaving without saying goodbye or saying anything crushed the boy inside that he had to get used to sitting alone in class again and had to stop looking at the audience every time he had a game and scored a point, he would look for Mai in the crowd just cheering for him but he got over it eventually and he was now okay , there was no perfect word to describe him since ' happier' would be inappropriate cause he wasn't happy at all .

Vincent woke up on weekday mornings and didn't look forward to school anymore after knowing that Mai was not around, he started hating school again because the real reason he even liked it in the first place was because Mai and him would make silly jokes during class, gossip about the littlest of things every now and then , sit in the cafeteria and take a bite out of each other's food , go to each other's lockers and scare the other and then wait for Mai's parents to pick her up from school. Vincent was upset but he slowly got over used to not having her around anymore or maybe he was just trying to ignore the fact that he missed her, the girl he saw at the mall who turned out to be a new girl in his school and then now his best friend who moved back to her hometown without a single word. He woke up on weekend mornings sitting at his porch looking at the house opposite his house that was one block down that was Mai's house well, before she moved again but things were still there and the house was not on sale so he had hope. However, he would sit on his porch hoping a car would park in the driveway and Mai would get out of it .

And back in London, Mai wasn't doing so well herself. She was getting over the lost of her grandmother she was close with, she was closer to her grandmother more than anyone else even her own parents and it was safe to say that her grandmother was her best friend, she was an angel that god send to the Scott family and now it was time for her to go back at least that was what nonna told her whenever someone close had passed away that they were angels send by god as Mai grew older she realised that it was just something her grandmother had told her so she wouldn't be too upset by it but really, this saying made Mai see the good in everyone and everything. Mai occasionally wrote in the journal but recently, she had forgotten about it but she poured her heart into it because she felt safe every time she wrote something in it because it felt like she was talking to Vincent, in a way but she placed the book in a drawer and had not touched it ever since she lost her best friend.  Mai was doing online school now so even if she went back to Seattle, she wouldn't be in public school and be with Vincent who she wanted to be with desperately, he always made school and everything so much better.

Until one fine day, everything changed. Mai got out of bed and walked downstairs after she had gotten ready for the day, the fifteen year old girl sat down at the dining table beside her mother and grabbed a slice of bread from the plate that was in the middle of the wooden table. Her father cleared his throat and the words that escape from his mouth caused Mai gasp with excitement , her face lighted up " we're going back to Seattle,darling" his exact words replayed in her head. She eats her breakfast and runs up to her room, taking out the journal she placed in the drawer and left it to collect dust she flipped to an empty and page and started writing again .

Dear vincent ,

Today is the 10th of April 2016. I'm not doing too well today buddy, my grandmother got send back to heaven and i miss her. She always told me that everyone was angels send by heaven/ god and when they've completed their mission in life , they get send back . It was something she always told me when a close family member passed or even when my gold fishes died, i miss my nonna very much, she's my best friend forever and always. Oh god, the pages are getting wet because of my tears dripping all over but I hope by the time you see this, the pages would be dry.

How is Seattle ? i miss you and Seattle. I don't know when i'll be able to come back but I know that when I do the first i'll ever do is give you a hug and explain everything to you.

love ,

Mai Scott

1 DECEMBER 2020

Vinnie looked at the pages, he slowly run his fingers through the page of the book the ink spread a little because of the tears the girl shed back then, the page of the book was so thin and fragile. Vinnie couldn't help but remember the day he hoped to see her again, he flipped to the next page of the book

Dear Vincent,

Today is the 4th of August 2017, I haven't written for a long time because I was dealing alot with my nonna and everything but I'm doing better now and in fact, i'm coming back to Seattle ! Oh it has been so long and it felt like a dream but i slapped myself and it wasn't. I cant wait to see you again, i truly miss you.

but please don't be mad but i can't wait to see you again :)

love ,

Mai Scott