19

Vinnie went back to LA. He finally spend time with his friends and they went to get food and then they went to the skate park trying to get his mind off the girl he loved very much, after all the fun Vinnie skated to the empty field he went with Mai the very last time he saw her . He lay down on the grass and watched the stars shine brightly,

' every time you go star gazing think about me'  and he did he thought about her. She was a star a bright one because she was so special and she was something so unique. Everyone loved Mai, what was there not to like about her she was everything.

Vinnie made his way home since it started to get late, he gets a call from a very strange number but he picks it up anyway " hello is this vinnie hacker ?" A male voice asked from the other line, " yes this is"

" Hi vinnie, this is Louis and don't worry Mai gave me your number incase something happened and um I'm so sorry but.." Louis stopped talking he cleared his throat before continuing " Mrs Scott has passed away" Louis started crying, you could hear it in his voice.

Vinnie kept quiet, there was no words he was able to form he felt a lump forming in his throat instead he just hung up the phone, he sat down on the floor his hands were trembling and his mind went blank all he felt was a sense of failure. He felt like he failed to fulfil Mai's one wish which was take care of her mother— Vinnie did the best he could and he did a great job but he felt like he could have done better.

Tears start forming in his eyes, they stain his cheeks " i'm so sorry" he murmured as he held the picture of him and his late girlfriend close to his heart, he cried and let his pain out.

Jordan and Kio barge into the boys room seeing him on the floor crying, they quickly rush over and hug him " you did all you could." Jordan reassured " shes with her daughter now" kio added, they're hearts hurt seeing their best friend cry so hard. Vinnie loved putting on a ' tough' front whenever he was with his friends, the only person who saw his soft side was Mai so when she left, it crushed him because not only is the love of his life gone but also his best friend and someone who he trusted his life with.
Mai was special and she had a special gift which was making Vinnie feel better, just her presence made him feel better and she knew what to say or what to do to make the boy feel okay. Whenever she was around, he felt like the strongest person he felt confident.

Dear Vinnie,

i have nothing to say.. i just wanted to tell you how much I love you :)

Love

mai scott