The Meeting

The ride to geonosis was silent. neither Avona or the Count spoke to one another. Avona was contemplating his offer and it was tempting however she knew that the Raxon trade guild (the name of Avona's company so she would not be associated with the Gozanni family).

It mostly operated in the mid and outer rim so there wasn't much concern of loss of profits however her major concern was the fact that she would have to work with lying rats like nute gunray and wat tambor.

Both the techno union and trade federation had largely competed with her family and even her new company largely because she owned the largest drive yards in the outer rim and both rival corporations wanted it. She also had very different morals than her two rivals since she often donated to charities and worked to help those who needed it and she offered jobs to people even if they could not physically do more she worked with that so her employees could do what they were capable of doing.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the pilot droid who reported that they had landed.

(1st person POV Avona).

The count went on ahead while I took a call that had come from one of my advisers on Morelia.

"Governess is it true the count is planning to go to war with the republic with this new alliance he's formed."

"That is correct Manfriem."

"Very well what are your orders mam."

I thought to myself for a moment but then i had my orders.

"Have the Grand council assume command of Morelia in my absence for the war effort but make it clear that for any major decisions I must be consulted understood."

"Yes mam."

"Good also mobilize the morelian defense forces I have a feeling we will need them for the coming war."

"Of course mam enjoy the meeting."

(At the conference room).

The meeting was to be held in a carved out have which had been renovated to accommodate the various CIS leaders.

Among them was poggle the lesser Archduke of geonosis, wat tambor minister of the techno union and nute gunray viceroy of the trade federation along with a representative from the commerce guild named minister Chemver a ryloth native who was one of the top ministers of the commerce guild.

When I entered the room I immediately recognized the distinct voice of nute gunray.

"What of that senator count Dooku I will not sign the treaty unless she is dead." His voice grated on my nerves I hated that sleemo.

"Rest assured viceroy Jango Fett will take care of her."

"He better." Nute gunray paused and every eye in the room turned to me as I walked in and took my seat my two body guards standing firm behind me. "Hey you girl what are you doing here." The viceroy demanded.

I remained silent my eyes closed in concentration.

"Hey the viceroy just asked you a question." A trade federation body guard marched up to me with a look that promised pain if I kept ignoring him.

I held up my hand halting my body guards who began to point their rifles at the guard.

When he finally got within arms reach of me he tried to grab me. Swiftly I jumped out of my chair slamming it on his chest before twisting his arm behind his back and slamming him on the table.

The display I did only took 20 seconds to do but it shocked the entire room who stared at me in silence.

"Governess Avona please release him." Dooku requested gently.

With a growl I let him up and my men picked up my seat for me.

"Ladies and gentlemen allow me to introduce Governess Avona Luzon Minister of the Raxon trade guild and leader of the Morelia system." Dooku replied with a hand gestures in my direction.

<it's a pleasure to meet you Governess I am a great fan of your drive yards work.> poggle responded with a Series of clicks that I was only able to understand due to my translator earpiece in my ear.

"Thank you Archduke it's an honor to be here." I replied modestly.

The meeting went well eventually dooku spoke up again.

"With this new found alliance we are sure to have victory over the republic."

I had been reluctant to sign since I knew my drive yards would become a prime target for the enemy. Further more I hated the greed and arrogance was in this room but I knew I had to play nice or else I'd no doubt suffer for it along with my people I protected.

However little did I know how close that war dooku claimed would happen actually happen.

An: battle of geonisis next chapter.

Quote: those who seek peace solutions will often find it in the kindness they share with others.