CHAPTER 18

We fall in love with people's flaws; the perfect person would be impossible to love - Unknown.

His words echoed throughout my mind. 'I am going to fuck you, Phoebe. I've long waited to hear you call out my true name'. I would have if I could have ripped my vagina from my body, placed it in a gold chest, and presented it to him. It wasn't so simple as me just loving him. I need him. This was more of me finally feeling complete. And, the funny thing was I never thought I was incomplete. As soon as I found him; recognized him, my soul no longer knew who I was without him.

Here, in his embrace, is where I made sense. The world made sense. My heart knew it, my mind knew it, and my pussy most definitely knew it. My lady part was purring and aching for his touch when he declared he would fuck me. I wiggled and adjusted myself so that his dick was directly at the entrance of my heat. Bending down, I touched his neck, sucking the spot under his ear. His growling response made me snort out a reply of appreciation.

"Elijah, why didn't you tell me what was going on between us," I asked just above a whisper.

He adjusted his shoulder to where I was now in front of him. Soon, as our eyes met, I immediately glanced down. At that moment, I felt oddly shy and apprehensive. The thought of wanting to cut his loss with his human mate remained. Even after all that I found out, it was still possible that he could have wanted to start over with someone else. He did die for loving me. What if he wanted a second chance at ordinary love with a she-wolf?

Stiff fingers lifted my chin, forcing me to look into those stern green eyes. He had a look of disapproval on his face causing me to shrink under his scrutiny.

" I know what you're thinking, Helena. Stop it, this very second! You are all I ever wanted. All I will ever need." His tone no longer sounded fierce but turned soft as he continued to gaze at me. "From the moment I got my first vision of you, had my first vision of our past life, I saw you at the diner; I knew you were my destiny. I love you, have always loved you, and will continue to love you. Sweetheart, you deserve better than a wolf that can't protect you." He sighed and pressed his forehead against my own. "I can't lose you again, my love. I don't know how we got this second chance, but I will save us." He whispered.

He didn't know about the spell.

I leaned back, " I had Rosa cast a spell after I first saw you in the village. I had her take a part of my soul connected to the Goddess, bind it to our mate bond, and cast it out into the Heavens so that we could find our way back to each other in this world. I knew there was a chance that we might be killed, so I needed to have a backup just in case."

There was confusion on his face for just a moment before a look of pride and admiration took over.

He brought the tip of his nose to mine, brushing it softly, giving me an Eskimo kiss.

"My clever little princess." He breathed in my scent." Have I told you how bad I want to fuck you, my precious human?" He squeezed my ass as he hiked me up higher on his torso. " You must take us back to the physical world, Sweetheart. I want to be inside of you there instead of here." He growled.

"Come to think of it, where is your body right now?" I asked.

"Helena, I already knew where you were. It was just a matter of me getting to you quickly enough. When you passed out, it took me 17 minutes and 33 seconds to reach your room. You have been unconscious for 26 hours since I arrived. Although, I'm not sure how much time has passed in this pocket of space." He mused. " You have to get back to your physical body. You need to eat and drink something." His tone left me no room to question him.

"Pushy much," I grumbled and pouted.

He tugged at my bottom lip with his fingers.

"Don't be crossed with me, princess. I want you healthy, safe, and back in my arms where you belong."