CHAPTER 3

You should know that dreaming is the universal component of any sleeping human being. It is a form of psychotherapy. It can represent your unconscious desires and wishes, prepare you for any possible threat, and help you consolidate and process new information gathered during the day.

The mind can experience three types of dreams: Daydreams, Lucid Dreams, and Nightmares. The majority of the time, when you dream, you barely remember what it was, what happened, or who was in it. Now, there are times when you have a lucid dream, and those, my friends, are fucking insane.

What do you do when you know you are dreaming, but the events are so vivid, so actual, you don't want to wake up from it? What happens when it starts to turn into a nightmare? I will tell you what you do; you fucking ride that shit out to the end. Your brain or hell, the universe, is trying to give you insight into something you couldn't process in the waking world.

I could remember the feelings I felt when Elijah forced me to sleep. Anger, disappointment, loneliness, confusion, and fear. I can tell myself a million times that there was some scientific explanation for whatever I was feeling, but the truth was, my resolve was shaking. Subconsciously, I knew that something in this town, these people, this guy was different.

Come on, people making you go to sleep by saying it, motherfuckers sniffing the air when you walk by, unspoken words being exchanged, and most importantly, this deviant desire pulling me towards someone I didn't know. I fell asleep, yearning to discover what was happening to me and wanting to be with Elijah.

Be careful what you wish for. When my eyes closed, that shimmering white light was around me again, but it transformed into a meadow this time. Not just any field; it was something out of a movie. I couldn't tell you where the earth stopped and where heaven began.

The air was clean; it felt like I was breathing peacefully. The grass was a shade of green I had never seen, the bud of the flowers bloomed before my eyes, and the water from the spring was so clear and blue it would put the Maldives to shame. This place was untouched, with no humans to destroy its beauty.

Overpopulation, pollution, burning of fossil fuels, or deforestation hadn't occurred here. My eyes roamed the area, and I let out a string of giggles. This was fucking amazing! I ran, jumped, kart-wheeled, and rolled in the sheer delight of what I was experiencing. I glanced at my ankle, noticing it was still sore and had a light purple ring around it, but it looked almost healed. The bruises and scratches on my body were gone, and the gash on my forehead felt like a scab. What the hell kind of dream is this? After my confusion faded, I noticed a giant oak tree in the middle of the meadow.

I made my way to it, and the shade created a blanket of happiness, encasing me from head to toe. Did I die? When I landed, I slid my back down the tree's base, making a soft thump. Will I remember this dream when I awake? After a few minutes of lying there, the same shimmering light appears, but with a figure.

Fear did not exist here. Instead, I was just curious. Who the hell would I be dreaming of? As the figure manifested, I started to see the outline of a man. He had a bulky build, short black hair, a chiseled jawline, and hypnotic green eyes. The more the image got more precise, the less I could breathe.

Elijah

What the hell? Now, I'm dreaming of this dick self-consciously? I need someone to slap me back into reality. Our eyes locked, and a small smile spread across his face. He began walking to me and was in front of me within minutes. The bastard looked smug for some reason. What did he know that I didn't?

"Is this a dream?"

"To you, this might be, but to me, no."

That confused me; why would he think this was real? I had to be dreaming, so I should go with the flow.