CHAPTER 6

A/N  Thanks for all the love and support, and I want you guys to know it means a lot. I would love it if you all could comment on my chapters and let me know your thoughts. Please follow me and share the story! 

I'm running through a maze-like forest as fast as I can, and I have no clue why; the only thing evident in my mind is; that I have to get back to him. I need to find him. Help him. There are broken branches, rocks, and dead animals all around me; my hands are bloodied, my gown is ripped, and my hair is covered with debris. What is this place? How do I get out?

I hear the sound of sabers clashing in the distance, and I follow, thinking it will lead me to him. After a few more left and right turns, I'm in front of an old Victorian-style castle. I can see severed heads, torn arms and legs, and several bodies littered across the courtyard. The sight before me is gruesome, and my stomach convulses as I take in all the mangled bodies before me, but something catches my eye at the door. A man was standing at the entrance. His head moves from side to side as if looking for someone. His penetrating gaze meets mine, and I momentarily feel relief. I found him.

He dashes towards me, and as he gets closer, I can see the blood leaking from a wound in his arm; I stumble forward, landing in his open arms. His green eyes stared right at me, and I swore they saw right through me, and that prickling sensation from his touch was etched in my mind from some distant memory. In my mind, I knew I had never seen this person before, yet I still felt like I knew him; he was oddly familiar to me.

"Phoebe, thank the Goddess. I have been looking for you everywhere. The Council is here; we have to get you out. Now!" He grabbed my hand and took off through the entrance to the castle, and I wanted to tell him that I was not this Phoebe person, but my mouth was moving before my mind could even comprehend what I was saying.

"Elias, they destroyed the forest, all the guards are dead, and they murdered my mother to get to me. As the Enchantress said, it's happening because a human dared to love a wolf. What are we going to do? We can't fight them all?" We start running through a dark corridor so fast that the soles of my feet begin to hurt.

He abruptly stops and turns to me, pulling me into a tight embrace, "Sweetheart, it's not just that you're a human, your blood is special, and many people on the Council would kill for it. I smelt the difference in you the moment I met you. It triggered the mate bond, and I thought I would have more time to understand it before they came for you. I'm so sorry, my love; I should have told you the truth initially. I just wanted to protect you, keep you a secret. I believed I could keep our life and family hidden, but our time is running out."

"Elias, what do you mean my blood is special? Why would they want to kill me for it?"

He takes a deep breath, "You are a direct mortal descendant of Goddess Selene and her mortal lover Endymion. In some wolf legends, it's been told with the blood of a moon-kissed human child, you could become an immortal wolf with the strength that will rival the Gods and inherit the power of the Goddess herself."

"I don't understand; you told me that wolves could live for hundreds of years, and how can my blood make anyone immortal?"

"Yes, we can live hundreds of years, but the longer we live, the harder it is to change into our wolves; our strength and energy also become visibly weaker. We eventually die, but it is painful; some would do anything to avoid it. Some wolves will get stuck in their other form and go mad with hunger. If someone were to remove your beating heart from your chest under the blood moon and eat it, they would be able to transcend to that place where the heavens and earth meet, where they can steal time, the light in the night sky, and make the world sleep at their feet. Do you understand what a wolf could do with this power?" He strokes his thumb across my cheek.