CHAPTER 8

Holy fuck

The look on Elijah's face has me scooting from underneath him and retreating until my back is pressed against the headboard. My eyes take in his appearance, and I can visibly see his entire body shaking, his eyes transforming from black to green; his fists were tightly clenched until the skin looked translucent over his knuckles. Confusion, desire, and lust all swirling around in his mind making it harder for him to control himself.

Calm down. Helena is only a human.

Okay, here I go hearing this lunatic's thoughts, so I must do what he suggests. Make him calm down. I relax my shoulders, take a deep breath, and crawl towards him, letting my hand cup the side of his face. "Shh, focus. It's okay. I am right here." While taking another deep breath, I can see my calm demeanor affect him, and I watch apprehensively as he regains control.

"Are you alright?" I whispered.

"Forgive me, my love. My wolf wants to claim you as his own. I'm constantly fighting him to take things slow with you. I did not mean to frighten you." He said uncomfortably.

Admittedly, I was a little shaken but I wanted to understand what was happening with him. I got off the bed and started pacing back and forth, mumbling about how crazy this shit was. I need some answers before I check myself into a mental asylum.

I stopped mid-pace to glare at him, then continued while picturing everything that had transpired these last few days. "Why in the hell do your eyes turn black like that?" I asked.

His annoyed expression tells me he is tired of all the questions even after saying I will be patient, but I can't help it.

"I know you are confused and scared, but sweetheart, you must give me some time. You're not in any danger with me. Sometimes, I easily forget that you're a human female, and I must be cautious."

I cock my eyebrow, "Of course, I'm human, and so are you. That doesn't make any sense in less your a damn alien." I half-screamed, and panic was written all over my features. Soon, as that alien remark left my lips, I wondered what if. What if he was some alien in a human sex meat suit sent to kidnap a female virgin, me, then impregnate her so they can have some freaky extraterrestrial hybrid baby? I mean, something peculiar is happening here, no doubt.

I'm still pacing back and forth when I feel his hands grip my shoulders, stopping me in my track with a determined look. "Helena, I am not a damn alien. I will never hurt you or allow anyone else to hurt you. You have nothing to fear; please calm down." He leans his forehead to mine.

I closed my eyes, feeling comfort wash all over me, and it wasn't mine. It was Elijah. He was comforting me somehow with his own emotions. I was just too confused to fight it, so I welcomed it. Slowly my shoulders relax, my breathing returns to normal, and I open my eyes. He is staring at me with so much intensity I instantly blush. God, why does this freak have to be so damn sexy?

"You know what? Before we even think of having sex, we will lay down some safety rules because you're not going insane like that when you're inside me." I scowl.

A burst of laughter that sounds like music to my ears fills the room, and dammit, I would give anything to hear him truly laugh like that again.

"Don't worry, love, your cunt is the most valuable thing I own. Especially since you can't bear my pups with a broken womb."

What in the blue hell is 'pups'? Does he mean like actual fucking puppies? Does he expect me to birth a four-legged animal? You know what? I am completely over this conversation with this beefed-up Jabroni.

I bring my hands to my head, close my eyes, and impatiently rub circles into my temple, "God Dammit, you're insane. I need a drink before I continue talking to you." I turned on the ball of my heels and headed for the door, but I turned around to see him still standing there. "Hey, nincompoop! You have to take me to the good booze. Are you coming?" I outstretch my hand for him to grab.