𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

William practiced his powers, skipping school and training with his mother. It was nice to skip school for a while. It allowed him to collect his thoughts and gain control over his powers. 

By a week, William had controlled his powers to an extent. He could grab Bella's hand without transmitting any memories. He was still nervous to return to school. Jacob had called and told the school that he would be gone but that still wouldn't stop the student's curious gazes and prying questions. Sometimes people just needed to mind their business.

He tapped his fingers against the railing of the balcony, staring into the forest. A bright smile appeared on his face as he saw Seth's wolf form come into view. 

"Hey, Seth" he greeted, beaming happily. 

Seth phased, pulling on a pair of cargo shorts and smiled up at William. "Hey William." Seth replied, a wary look on his face. 

Noticing the boy's expression, William frowned. "What's wrong, Seth?"

 "Victoria, she came on the La Push Reservation today."

William's eyes widened in shock, gulping nervously. "Is everyone ok?"

"Yeah, everyone's fine. She just had a message."

Seth walked up the balcony steps, sitting besides William on the railing, his hand close to William's.

"What was the message?"

"I'm not sure. That's all I was told. That she had a message." Seth replied, frowning. 

William sighed and shrugged, glancing at Seth's hand. "I don't know why they wouldn't tell you."

"I know right!" Seth exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air in frustration and leaning against the balcony railing. 

William shrugged. "We better watch out for Victoria then." 

"Yeah" Seth agreed. 

"I'm gonna go back to the La Push Reservation" Seth spoke softly. 

William swallowed, nodding his head. "Wait!"

Seth spun his head around, meeting William's gaze. 

"Do you wanna go to a dance with me?" William blurted. Seth eyes widened in surprise. William shook his head. "There's a dance coming up. I figured it would be fun but I didn't have anyone to go with. You could protect me and we both could have fun together."

Seth smiled, a smile so bright that it could outshine any diamonds. "I'd love too" Seth rearranged his expression, scratching the back of his neck and clearing his throat. "Sure. That'd be great."

William let out a sigh of relief, relaxing. "Thank you, Seth."

"No problem!" Seth replied, smiling happily. 

William turned on his heels, hearing his mother's footsteps. A small smirk had placed itself on her face. 

"You were listening, weren't you?" William accused. 

She shrugged, a innocent look on her face. "Maybe."

William groaned, mumbling under his breath. "Disadvantages of having a literal vampire as your mother."

"Hey!" Bella shouted in protest. "Your life would be boring."

William shrugged. "Probably."

"Well, the dance is in a couple days. You probably want to purchase a suit." 

William's eyes widened in realization. "I should go do that."

"Yup" Bella replied, tossing him the keys to his motorcycle. "Be careful" she warned. 

"I will" William answered, rushing out the front door and patting his pocket. His felt the outline of his wallet, humming happily. He ran towards his motorcycle, fumbling with the keys before shoving them in the ignition.   

It's time to go shopping for a suit . . .