𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖 (𝑬𝒅𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽)

I swallowed harshly. I was confused beyond belief. What had caused the memory between Bella and I to surface? It was truly a wonderful memory and I was thankful but still curious. What could have made that memory so vivid that it felt as if I was reliving it. My vampire mind remembered every moment spent between my Bella and I but I had only had memories. I could remember her freesia scent, her rosy cheeks filled with color, her mahogany hair fluttering in the wind, her dazzling smile. She had always been the dazzler in my eyes.

I let out a frustrated sigh, running a hand through my untidy hair. After Bella died, I could barely function. I was a man sitting inside a shell of himself. Carlisle and Esme's thoughts were filled with nothing but worry when I had found out that my Bella had died. I could still remember the unbearable pain that filled my undead heart . . .

I had spent months with my love and I was prepared to beg for days, weeks, months if I had to. I didn't want to be another second away from Bella. When I arrived at Forks, I was ecstatic. Happier than I had ever been. I had spent enough time from my Bella.

As soon as I arrived in Forks, I entered my Volvo and drove straight to Bella's house, anxious and nervous but also desperate to be reunited with my love. When I arrived at Bella's house, my knees almost buckled at the sight. Every step, I grew closer to my love. I could not wait.

I placed my hand over the door, hesitating for a short moment before knocking on the wooden door. I was met with the sight of Charlie Swan. Relief flooded my body as I saw the man. I hadn't noticed the similarities between Bella and Charlie but I had now. Their hair, their shyness, quietness and murky brown eyes. Bella had inherited many things from her father. I took in Charlie's appearance. His hair was disheveled and his eyes were puffy and red, signifying that he had been crying. There were dark bags forming under his eyes, showing that he hadn't slept in days. He wore a plain t-shirt with jeans, which were wrinkled and dirty. They appeared to have been worn for days on end. I grew worried at the man's appearance, fearing the worst. 

"Hello, Charlie" I greeted, struggling to keep my voice calm and steady. I took a deep breath, hoping that Bella was alright. "Is Bella home?" I asked nervously.

At my words, tears formed in Charlie's eyes. He sniffled before wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, regaining his composure. "She went out in the woods," he stuttered. "She has been missing for nine days." Charlie answered, struggling to contain his tears.

My whole world crashed down. An unbearable pain stabbed through my chest and I struggled to keep my breath steady and even. I inhaled sharply before turning on my heels and walking towards my Volvo, not daring to glance back at the man. I opened the door of my Volvo and climbed inside, turning on the engine. I pulled out of the gravel driveway, speeding down the road before pulling on the side of the road.

Venom pooled in my eyes and the pain in my chest remained. It was worse than any pain I had ever endured. Heartbreak. I could barely contain my hysteria as I began to hyperventilate, venom blurring my vision. She was missing. The love of my life, the purpose of my existence was missing. I feared the worst. I would never stop searching until my Bella was found.

"I will be reunited with her again" I promised myself. "I will find her."

I slammed my hand on the steering wheel, a savage growl tearing through my lips. I would kill anyone who harmed my Bella. I had left her and yet I still called her "mine." I was beyond selfish. I vowed to never let this happen again. When I found her, I would never leave her again.

The pain in my heart remained as I arrived at my house. I swallowed the lump in my throat as venom pooled in my eyes again at the thought of Bella. I walked into the house, my heart clenching at the eager faces waiting in the room. Seeing my expression, my family's eager expression turned to ones of worry.

"Edward" Esme called, placing her hand on my shoulders. I could barely hear her. The only thing I could focus on was my Bella. "Are you alright?"

"No" I choked out, my voice was raspy and scratchy. "Bella she's-" I trailed off, a lump forming in my throat once again.

"Edward" Carlisle spoke gently. I could hear the pain he was concealing in his voice and the worry in his thoughts. "What has happened to Bella."

I inhaled sharply. "She's missing" I spoke, venom pooling in my eyes. "She's been missing for nine days."

My family inhaled sharply. Esme began sobbing in Carlisle's arms while Alice gripped onto Jasper's arm tightly, sobbing into his shirt, a pure look of sadness etched onto her face. Jasper comforted his mate, whispering words of reassurance into her ear and stroking her hair softly. Emmett wore such a heartbreaking expression that I had to look away while Rosalie had a look of regret on her face, one that I had never seen. She hugged Emmett tightly while venom pooled in Emmett's eyes. They had lost their sister and daughter, but I had lost my mate. The reason of my existence.

I would find Bella. I would make sure of that . . .