𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

William lurched forward, his body covered in a cold sweat. He had another nightmare. It was always the same, filled with the images of a certain red-head. William could never escape Victoria. She would always haunt him, even in his dreams. 

William held back a groan as he heard Seth's snores echoing softly throughout the room. Seth was still asleep. William sat up, peering over the edge of his bed, grinning as he saw Seth. The boy had drool running down his chin, soft snores escaped his mouth. He looked peaceful. 

William tiptoed out of his room, shutting the door behind him. He grabbed his phone from the counter, checking his messages.

He raised an eyebrow in confusion as he noticed he had a new message. He glanced down at the message, his eyes scanning it. 

'It's Edward Cullen. My family and I are hosting a party a few days before the dance. I would greatly enjoy your company. The party starts at six 'o clock and ends at ten 'o clock.'

William snorted. His father was very formal. Too formal. William contemplated his decision. There were definitely some pros and cons. William sighed, shoving his phone in his pocket. He would decide later, besides, Seth and him were hanging out. He wouldn't want to be a mood-killer by fretting over his decision with Seth. 

William sighed. "How am I going to survive?"

"You'll survive." 

William whipped his head around, facing the person. He relaxed as he noticed it was just his mother. 

William groaned, smiling softly. "I got invited to a party."

"That's great" Bella answered enthusiastically. She seemed happy that William was making friends.  

"There's one problem" William spoke. His mother's enthusiastic expression faltered, mirroring a confused look. 

"And that is?"

William sighed. "It's hosted by the Cullens and they all will be there."

Bella sucked in a sharp breath, swallowing uncertainly. "It's your choice."

William's eyes widened. "You know how I feel about them, after what they did to you."

"You deserve to have a normal life, William" Bella spoke, her tone soft and gentle. "If this can give you normal, then go for it."

"I don't know."

"You enjoy their company, William."

"I just don't think that I can forgive them for what they did. They're the reason that you're a vampire."

His mother shrugged in response. "It was bound to happen at some point and I think that you can put the past aside for one night."

"Victoria she . . ." William paused, lifting up the sleeve of his arm. Scars decorated his skin, some small and some big. 

"The Cullens are the reason that this happened."

Bella swallowed. "I know."

William sighed, dragging a hand over his face. "But, we can't hold a grudge forever. I guess I can forget the past for one night."

A small smile found it's way on Bella's face. William returned her smile, an uneasy look on his face. His expression softened, replaced with uncertainty. 

William hesitated. "You still love them?"

Bella lowered her gaze. "The old Bella will always love them. They were family to me and someday, I think that I can forgive them, she shrugged. "I just don't know when."

"Things like that take time." William spoke softly. "I haven't forgiven them yet and I don't plan to for a while."

Bella nodded, pressing her lips in a thin line. "Enjoy the party tonight." William's gaze followed his mother as she walked away, doubt flooded his mind. 

"Screw it" he muttered. William deserved to have a normal life. He deserved to be happy and if this party gave him a chance at a normal, happy experience, then William would go. He wouldn't let doubt stop him. 

William glanced down at his phone. He hadn't noticed how time had flew by. It was now four 'o clock. They had slept for a while. 

William tiptoed to his room and grabbed some clothes. He quickly exited the room, quietly closing the door behind him. He threw off his pajamas and changed into a simple outfit, fit for a party.

William was going to meet his grandparents . . .