𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

"What?" Seth replied, his eyes widening in shock. "Where did you learn about an imprint?"

"It doesn't matter." William answered, avoiding Seth's shocked gaze. "What is an imprint?" William pressed.

"An imprint" Seth began, pausing and taking a deep breath. "It's like a soulmate. Suddenly, gravity isn't the force that holds you down to the earth. It's them. You'd do anything they ask. Become anything for them. You would give up your life for them."

"That sounds . . ." William paused. "Beautiful" William said softly, lowering his gaze.

William's eyes met Seth's brown orbs. Electricity hummed around them, the world around them disappeared. It was only William and Seth. Seth's lips slightly parted and William's breathing began to quicken as he stared at the boy's lips.

Seth cleared his throat, breaking William out his stupor. William shook his head, a soft blush painting his cheeks.

"Do you have an imprint?"

Seth hesitated, inhaling a sharp breath. "Yes."

William felt a strange pang of jealously course through him. "Do you know who they are?"

"I do." Seth breathed out, staring at William.

William scratched his neck, swallowing awkwardly. "Have you pursued them?"

"Pursued?" Seth question, a teasing grin on his face. "No, I haven't asked them out."

"Why not?"

"I'm a chicken." Seth replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"You're no chicken Seth. You're brave. Crazy brave."

"Thanks William" Seth spoke softly, nudging the boy's shoulder slightly. Electricity sparked as their shoulders together. William held back a gasp while Seth's eyes widened slightly.

"We should . . ." Seth trailed off.

"Go to bed" William finished, frustrated by the feelings he felt for the boy. The boy had already found his imprint and the thought made William's heart ache slightly.

Seth laid his head on the pillow, his back facing William. William stared up at the ceiling, lost in his thoughts.

"Good night, William" Seth spoke softly.

"Good night, Seth" William replied, closing his eyes. "I can't sleep." William added, chuckling slightly.

"Me either." Seth replied. "With everything going on, it's been hard to sleep well."

"Yeah. It just feels like things will never end." William paused. "Until everything goes wrong."

"Good things can come out of bad things" Seth suggested.

William shook his head fondly. "You're always so positive. It baffles me how you can be so positive."

Seth shrugged. "I don't know. I guess, I just be positive."

William sighed. "How can you be positive when all of this is happening?"

"There's things that are worth being happy for."

"Like what?"

"Well, for starters, there's you."

William was touched by Seth's words. "If everything doesn't go to plan. What do we do?"

Seth shrugged, smiling at William. "We can go crazy together. Just you and I."

William's heart fluttered as he heard Seth's words. "Yeah, we can go crazy together." William spoke. "Just you and I" William added softly, grinning at Seth.

"Good night, Seth. You're just too pure."

Seth chuckled fondly. "Good night, William. For real this time."

"Yup" William agreed, closing his eyes and having a dream-filled sleep. Or nightmare.