𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓 (𝑱𝒂𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽)

The overwhelming emotions crashed against me likes waves crashing on the shore. Fear, happiness, joy, sadness. I felt it all. I focused on Alice's cheery emotions. A grin adorned my face as I shared her excitement and enthusiasm. Her happiness made me the happiest man in the world. It was a blessing that I could feel my mate's happiness, joy, and wonder. It greatly saddened me when I had to feel her pain, sadness, and grief.

When Bella had passed, Alice became a shell of her usual, bubbly, self. Everyone had. It pained me to no end to feel my mate's suffering.

"Where's Edward?" I questioned, my Southern accent seeping through my voice.

Alice tilted her head. She was adorable. I had to hide my fond smile as I watched my mate.

Alice shrugged. "I don't know. Why don't you go find him?"

I smiled, nodding. I dipped her close to the ground, the smile on my face growing as I heard her fond laugh. She pressed a quick kiss to my cheek. I grinned ruefully, sharing a sweet kiss with her and staring into her golden orbs.

I frowned playfully. "I have to go find Edward." I murmured against her lips, stealing a kiss again. Alice giggled before pushing me away slightly, separating us.

We held eye contact, gazing lovingly into each other's eyes before breaking eye contact. Alice, my mate, was simply marvelous. I would have to find her later.

I reluctantly walked away from my mate, growing saddened by our distance. I didn't know how Edward survived without his mate. It would seem impossible to do so. I ignored the student's mindless chatter and their lustful glances. They only wanted one thing. I grimaced at the though of being able to see their fantasies. I held a new pity for my brother, Edward.

I broke out of my trance as I saw William. He wore a conflicted look on his face as he walked through the doors, standing near the dance floor, gripping his red cup tightly.

I slowly drifted towards the boy, his emotions growing stronger and stronger. I almost gasped as I felt the anxiety flooding through the boy and his internal battle with himself. It was too much.

I swallowed, backing away slowly. I needed to find Edward, not study a boy's emotions. I sighed before walking around at an excruciatingly slow human pace. It was painful. I walked around, Edward's scent growing stronger and stronger.

I looked up and finally saw him. His hair was untidy and disheveled, his white shirt revealed his toned muscles, hidden underneath his shirt. He appeared more tired and mentally exhausted, as if something had exhausted him. He gripped a red cup tightly in his hand, squeezing it gently, an underlying fear that he would completely destroy the cup. I frowned as I realized the fear, sadness, anxiety, and longing radiating off him. His emotions could sometimes be too much. The despair, the longing . . .

I walked up to him, taking long strides, my hands clasped behind my back. I stood like a soldier.

"You know that you can't get drunk?"

Edward pursed his lips as my response, lifting the cup to his soft lips and grimacing at the taste.

"You wanna talk about it?"

Edward glared at me, his golden eyes narrowed. "Stop feeling my emotions" he snapped, squeezing the cup tighter in anger and downing it in one long gulp.

His expression softened as he noticed my pained one. "Sorry, Jasper. I know it's something you can't control."

"Thanks, Edward. Your . . ." I trailed off, choosing my words carefully.

"Hard to be around." Edward replied grimly.

"It's not that. It's-"

"My despair" he snapped, cutting me off. "My pain. My longing. All for one thing . . ."

"Bella" I whispered hesitantly, cutting him off.

His expression dimmed at the name and his emotions of longing, despair, and sadness intensified. I distanced myself from him.

"Something reminded of her tonight."

"What was it?"

"It doesn't matter" he grumbled, filling his red cup and taking another gulp before replying. "I can't take it anymore."

My lips pressed in a thin line at his response. He can't actually be going through with his plan.

"I don't want to exist. I can't exist without her, Jasper. I don't want to be in a world where she doesn't exist." Edward's voice held a great despair and longing, one that I had never felt before and never wished to feel again.

"Alice would see it." I responded, grabbing his cup and sipping a bit of punch, infused with alcohol--a prop of course-- before returning it to his hand and making a noise of disgust at the taste.

Edward let out an exasperated sigh, looking mentally exhausted. "I know" he murmured. "They won't let me end my miserable existence."

"She cares for you. We all do."

Edward's expression softened but did not change. "I know Jasper. I know."

"We're here for you Edward."

I patted his shoulder with a force that would've broken a human shoulder. I walked away, frowning as I still felt Edward's great sadness. I didn't know how things could ever be the same. The only thing that could make Edward whole again was Bella. And she was dead. My sister was dead. It pained all of us. Although I held a great desire and thirst for her blood, she was still my sister and on that day where I attacked her, I felt awful. A pain entered my heart when I heard she was dead. Bella's death had affected us all.

I titled my head as a new thought filled my head. There was a chance that the idea wouldn't work but it was worth a shot. I couldn't sit around and do nothing and let Edward end his existence. I would try everything in my power to help Edward. He was my brother after all.

This plan could go horribly wrong or perfectly right . . .