𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒 (𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

Bella carried William into the house with ease, placing him on the couch and sitting besides him. She stared at him fondly, combing his hair back from his forehead before pressing a chaste kiss to his forehead, not bothering to hide her concern and fear. 

"Bella I'm so-" I began.

"Don't," she interrupted. "We can talk about this later."

I nodded hesitantly, growing more anxious as the seconds passed. Bella ignored us while we all stared at her, a million thoughts and questions running through our heads. I gazed at her longingly, still in disbelief that she was alive. 

"How are you alive?" Emmett blurted out carelessly. 

Rosalie glared at Emmett, smacking his shoulder lightly. Bella glanced up at us, glaring, before returning her gaze back to William. 

"Bella," Carlisle began, taking a step forward. "We are truly sorry."

Bella glared at him, rising from the couch. "That's all you have to say, Carlisle," she hissed, venom lacing her tone. "We know that there is a lot more to be said."

Carlisle paused, gazing at the woman he considered his daughter. "I'm sorry, Bella," he whispered before returning to Esme's embrace. 

Bella sighed, gazing at William. We were engulfed in a tense-filled silence, both of us wanting to say something, but none of us having any words to say. I would never express how sorry I was. I would never stop trying to apologize and win her love, but if she had moved on, I would try too. For her.

"He should wake up in a few hours," I explained, never removing my gaze from my love. "If you want, you can stay here with him."

Bella hesitated before nodding, pressing her lips in a thin line. "I need some air," she muttered, marching outside with her petite arms crossed around her chest. My gaze trailed behind her and I stared at her for a moment before joining her outside. 

"Do you mind if I join you?" I asked. 

Bella didn't respond, so I leaned on the railing besides her, gazing out into the forest. We sat in  silence for a while, neither one of us speaking. 

"Do you hate me?" I questioned, my velvety voice breaking the silence. 

"I don't hate you," she replied, her gaze still locked on the forest in front of us. I held back a sigh of relief. She didn't completely hate me. "That doesn't mean I don't resent you," she responded, as if reading my thoughts. I almost chuckled at the irony. 

I sighed softly, running a hand through my unruly bronze hair before walking back inside. Bella needed some alone time. She was also processing this. We both needed some time to sort things out. 

'Are you alright, Edward?' Carlisle asked through his thoughts. 

I nodded, brushing past him and walking up to my room. I needed to process this whole ordeal. William was hurt and would take a few hours to wake up. Bella, my forever love, was here and alive, but she resented me. It would take a while to gain her forgiveness, but I would not give up. I would keep fighting, for forever and ever. 

I lifted my head slightly as I heard Bella slide open the glass door and walk back inside. I rushed down the stairs using my vampire speed and I sat near William, glancing between his unconscious body and Bella. 

Bella, out of habit and nervousness, bit her lip and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. I smiled widely, knowing that her human habits had not left her. She was still the Bella that I remembered. It seemed that her human habits had remained even after all these years. It brought me slight comfort, knowing that things hadn't drastically changed. There was still some familiarity. 

She was still my Bella.

At the thought of her being mine, I cringed. The thought of her having moved on entered my mind, but I brushed it away. I would enjoy every single second I spent in her presence, even if it was not for long. I would have to ask her about that later. 

'Ugh," Emmett groaned in his thoughts. 'You're like a lovesick puppy,' he teased. 

Seeing my glare, Emmett raised his hands in mock surrender, causing a small growl to fall from my lips. Hearing my growl, Bella turned towards me, her face showing obvious confusion. 

She met my gaze.

Electricity hummed between us. It was as if we were the only people in the room. It was just Bella and Edward. Her golden eyes swan with secrets as I gazed into their depths. Bella kept eye contact, her lips parting slightly. My breathing escalated and my gaze traveled to her lips. I was completely enamored with Bella, nothing would change that.

Bella shifted her eyes away from mine and the electricity quickly disappeared. My hope grew, it seemed as if she had felt something, too. My hope quickly dissipated as I heard Jasper's internal shock at her anger. Perhaps, she hadn't felt the same as I had.

Emmett, noticing out changed demeanors, looked between Bella and I in confusion, taunting and teasing me in his head. 

"Shut up, Emmett." I grumbled, relaxing into my seat. 

Suddenly, a gasp broke the silence. We turned, seeing that a certain someone was awake. Bella's eyes widened and she rushed over using her vampire speed, engulfing them in a tight hug. I smiled as I watched their embrace. 

William was awake . . .