𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

William's heart broke slightly as he heard parts of Edward and Jasper's conversation. His father still loved his mother, or at least that's what it seemed like. William wasn't sure he could trust him. 

William had to do something. 

He wasn't sure whether this would make his father happier or sadder, but he had a plan. William dumped his cup in the trash can, wrinkling his nose in disgust as the odor from the trash can lingered in the air. Edward was leaning against a pillar, his jaw was clenched in annoyance although his expression wore sadness. William took a deep breath, calming his nerves before walking towards the man. 

Edward's gaze flickered to William, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion at the boy's appearance. "Is something wrong, William?"

William chuckled before clearing his throat. "You just look sad."

Edward pressed his lips in a thin line. "Is it that obvious?"

"Yeah" William whispered. "You wanna talk about it? I could give you some advice."

Edward shook his head. "No thank you, William" Edward spoke softly, heartbreak evident in his voice. "I just need some time to think."

This was William's chance. It was now or never. William had only tried this a few times and it worked sometimes, not always. 

He brought his hand up, patting his father's shoulder. An electricity coursed through his veins as he patted the man's shoulder, shooting through his arm and all throughout his body. He held back a gasp. 

Edward's eyes widened in shock, his mouth hanging open slightly as he was transported into a memory. William smiled, having seen the memory. He walked off, leaving Edward's shocked form behind. It seemed like it went well. 

William let out a sigh of relief, laughing nervously, happy that his power had worked. He took time to think over the memory. He was looking through Edward's eyes. Bella laid across from him. They appeared to be in the meadow. A bright smile was on his mother's face, one that William had only seen a couple times. She looked truly happy with Edward. Her cheeks were a rosy pink, holding color. Her eyes having a striking resemblance with William's brown ones. It was an amazing memory. William felt the happiness that shot through Edward's veins as Edward spent time with his mother. They were truly happy, sitting together in Edward's meadow. It was one of the better times they had shared. 

William stared at Edward for a moment, watching the man glance around in shock as he returned from the memory. It had gone well. Edward, his father, wore a bright smile on his face, looking happy. 

William bit his lip, running a hand through his hair nervously before going off to find Carlisle and Esme. 

He could only hope it would go well . . . 

AN: Sorry! This was a shorter chapter. The next chapters might be some filler chapters before we really get into the action! I'm so excited for the final chapters. Who knows, there might even be a sequel!