𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

It had been a couple weeks since the incident with Victoria and the only word William would use to describe his situation: Awkward. The Cullens still persisted and his father didn't seem to be giving up anytime soon. He had to give his father credit. The man was determined. He was determined to set things right, and strangely, William respected the man for that, but he wasn't ready to forgive him just yet. 

"How close are you," said a voice. 

William snapped out of his thoughts, bringing his phone to his ear. "I'm almost there, Seth."

"Great!" Seth replied enthusiastically. William allowed a smile to spread across his face at the boy's enthusiastic tone. 

The trees flew past him and the wind whipped in his ears as he ran through the forest, headed towards the La Push Reservation. 

"I'm here, Seth" William said, lowering the phone from his ear. 

A small smile spread across William's face as the boy came into view, but his expression quickly fell as he noticed the boy's enthusiastic demeanor was replaced by a glum expression on his face. It looked like he was . . . dreading something?

"Are you alright, Seth?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

William tilted his head and clicked his tongue, his eyes boring into Seth's eyes. Seth shifted on his feet nervously as  he noticed William had seen through his lie.

"We need to talk." 

God. William hated those four words. There was never anything good that followed them after. It always resulted in tragedy or sadness. Well, maybe William was being a bit dramatic. Tragedy was a bit extreme, but Seth had never let anything drag him down. This was serious and William could see why the boy wore a look of dread upon his face. Those four words never worked out in anyone's favor.

"Ok" William replied, swallowing nervously and following the boy as he walked through the reservation. William kept a reserved expression, but on the inside, he was filled filled with dread. His stomach churned with nervousness that he tried to contain. 

"We're here," said Seth, breaking William out of his thoughts. 

William looked around and was met with a familiar view. "We're at a-"

"Meadow" Seth finished.

"Yeah" William replied, his eyes locked on the surroundings before him. 

"It's not Dad's meadow though?"

"Yeah," Seth spoke, shifting nervously on the balls of his feet. "I figured it would be . . ." Seth paused, pressing his lips in a thin line. "Our meadow."

"Ours?" William breathed, his eyes glimmering with confusion.

"Unless you don't want it to be," Seth said nervously.

"No, no" William interrupted. "I like it. William and Seth's meadow."

Seth let out a breath of relief and William stared at him with curiosity. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Right. That . .  ." Seth replied, a nervous laugh shaking his body. 

"Seth," William spoke softly, placing a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder. "Whatever it is, you can tell me."

"I know," Seth said, turning so that his back was to William. "Better now that never," the boy mumbled before sucking in a deep breath. "William, when I saw you, it wasn't gravity that was holding me on the ground. It was you. I knew that I would be whatever you needed me to be. A brother, a friend, a shoulder to cry on, and even a . . . lover." Seth paused. "I knew that I would do anything for my imprint."

Seth turned to face William, gazing into the boy's eyes with a look of sincerity. William, taken aback by the boy's revelation, took a step back in shock. 

"Seth, I . . ."

Seth stepped forward and grabbed William's head and gazed into his eyes. William placed his hands on Seth's head, sparks exploding throughout his body. 

Seth and William leaned forward . . .

AN: I sincerely apologize for taking so long to update a chapter. I was lacking motivation and school was kicking my ass. More updates to come!

Much thanks, Ashton